Clutch Woes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
andrewloe.com
A bit of history to start: Last summer my clutch main went out and I had it replaced, but I did not replace the clutch slave. After some research I found that the clutch slave often soon follows, so I bought a replacement and changed it in September. Everything has worked great. I moved up to Wyoming for the winter, and every thing drove as expected. Just last week I drove down from the mountains back to sea level, and I had a wierd issue with my clutch. Once I got to Oklahoma (driving Wyoming -> Louisiana) the clutch started to slip, it was as if the pedal was being pushed ever so slightly. To correct the problem, I just loosened the backstop on the clutch pedal, to allow it to swing back further. This solved the problem, but all of the sudden my pressure dropped dramatically. Now instead of having 0 dead pedal, with the clutch picking up with about 1-2" of pressing the pedal, I have to push almost to the floor to get the clutch to pick up, and it doesn't seem as smooth. Ideas? Is something failing? I'm thinking I should drain and re-fill the fluid, and check my adjustments to make sure it fits the manual.

I have not had this specific problem, but the EASIEST thing that MIGHT have an effect would be to bleed the slave and master and see what happens.

I'm new here but I would check the slave cylinder free play 4-5 MM And bleed the system good, hope this is a little help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom