Clutch went to floor FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drove 40 mi and stopped, drove on to grass in a ditch and got back on road. Went to stop sign and pushed the clutch in and the pedel went to floor. I pushed it a couple times and it came back. Drove home with no problems.
What would cause this? I have some noise from bearings in the trany but it has been that way for the last three years.
kurt 87 FJ60 190,000 mi

Have you checked the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder?  Mine did that and I thought the thing was totally srewed until I checked in the clutch master and there was no fluid!!! :slap:  I filled it up and a few days later the same thing happened.  The fluid was just draining right out onto the drivers side floor.  Bought a new clutch master and slave and threw them in and haven't had trouble since.  It's been a little over a year ago now.  HTH

It is full of fluid. Last year I sucked out the old fluid and filled it up with new. The old fluid was like gear oil it was so thick. Maybe I should blead the system. I will look in manual to see how to do it.
kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom