Clutch shift fork and slave cyl attachment don't match (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I've learned there are a few versions of the clutch shift fork, it would appear I have the wrong clutch fork for the later Aisin slave cylinder. I sourced this clutch fork many moons ago before knowing the differences.

This fork looks like it is made for the cone shaped nut on the adjustable slave cyl.'s. Guess I need to find one that doesn't have a hole in the end....is the one with no hole considered the latest version of the clutch fork?? Source...and part # ??

Still amazes me there is nothing more than a few wire clips holding on such an important, constantly moving part.

Few photos below to show whats up. (the only thing engaging the fork arm is the rubber boot)

fork3.jpg

fork2.jpg

fork4.jpg

fork1.jpg

Found this pic in an old thread, the shift fork does not have a hole in the end. Looks like this is the version I need.

Fwiw, I'm also using the 3F bell housing and all later components (master, slave, etc...)

3Fshiftfork.jpg

That part number looks like the later version (31204-60060) and drilled out to fit the early.

Early one (to 4/85) looks like this:

1571291879575.png

That part number looks like the later version (31204-60060) and drilled out to fit the early.

Being modified/drilled out to fit the older style slave rod that @Spike Strip attached above is certainly a possibility.
This is the first time I’ve had the shift fork and a later slave cyl together. Clearly this combo ain’t gonna work together.

Can these be had new?...thought I’ve seen those available new.

31204-60060 NLA. You can order on some sites but then they’ll cancel the order. I want one as well :/

Not sure if the older slave design will bolt up to the mounting location on the newer vehicle, but it might be worth a try just using an old design slave instead of trying to find an unobtainable new design fork. I have no idea if an old slave will bolt to a newer truck

the fork for the 3F bellhousing does not have a hole in it,
all the 4 speeds 75 up to the intro of the 3F bellhousing had a hole in them.
the fork for the 3F bellhousing is slightly longer than the earlier fork with hole. can't remember off hand of the difference.
I don't think using a later fork on an earlier bellhousing, that the slave will line up correctly.

Reactions: OSS
the fork for the 3F bellhousing does not have a hole in it,
all the 4 speeds 75 up to the intro of the 3F bellhousing had a hole in them.
the fork for the 3F bellhousing is slightly longer than the earlier fork with hole. can't remember off hand of the difference.
I don't think using a later fork on an earlier bellhousing, that the slave will line up correctly.

Yep, this is one of those pieces that had subtle changes over the model years that doesn't seem to get a lot of attention or documented with detailed info....at least that I could find.
I've had this fork stashed for years and always assumed it was correct. I think @guerasfj60 is correct about this one being modified...whats the luck I happened to get the one fork that one guy drilled to fit ?!?! LOL.

Thanks for the info. I ponied up and ordered one...let you know what I get.

As I recall, the push rods are interchangeable between both slave cylinders. You may be able to make it work with minor mods.

To finish this one, received a new clutch fork new from CruiserParts.net.

Thanks @2mbb for the heads up on that one. Wasn’t cheapish, but it’s new and came in the correct box. Clearly the one I sourced long ago was drilled out to fit the older slave cyl rod nut.

9EEEC3A7-5A08-478D-B236-7D95F6423FE8.jpeg

670DC82F-ECCC-4D84-8EB0-BB31416DDC80.jpeg

96734D1C-D832-44E6-B3D7-D905F374A2A8.jpeg

I also received one from same vendor. No box, plain bag and no label/part number. Looks good, even if aftermarket.

Yes it does. Mine ends -4 (yours -3)

Looks like the new versions have a bend/offset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom