Clutch Release (TO) Bearing Source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommended sources for a TO Bearing for a ‘78 FJ40? Has anyone bought the Toyo Clutch Release Bearing from FJparts? Is that a high quality bearing?

dealer? less than a 100 bucks....903635200177

Local Toyota dealer wants $125. FJparts wants $36.50. Hence my question about experience with the Toyo TO Bearing from them. It’s either the bargain of the year or ???

On sale @ PartGeek for $30.58. Well, I guess the FJparts bearing is the same Koyo OEM bearing, just a few dollars more. Sure beats $125 form the dealer!

I wonder how they got a Toyota throwout bearing to fit on a GM transmission? I’ve seen the reverse scenario, with the TOYOTA front bearing retainer turned down for a GM throwout bearing.

but I’d be surprised if someone made a sleeve to OD a GM bearing retainer to take a Toyota throwout bearing.

Pulling the Tran and T-case to replace a bad bearing will cost more in time and money than you can possibly save.

That said, I hate paying extra for the same part. Don't cheap out, but if you can be confident you're getting a genuine Koyo bearing, it doesn't matter if it comes in a Toyota package.

As a rule I hate buying parts from the dealership and the lousy service we typically get there. I'm prefer OEM parts... our dealer just reeaally sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom