Clutch Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I"m runing stock 2f and 4spd. When I shift, especially down shift, it doesn't just slide in there. There's a little resistance. No gears grinding, it just feels like the gear synchro deal (if there is such a thing) isn't doing its job. There's about half the travel distance of slack in my clutch pedal. I just replaced the slave cylinder. I took the old rod and adjusted the new one to match the old one. I also readjusted it to make it longer, thinking maybe it wasn't disengaging the transmission quite enough to shift properly. Is it my clutch or more adjusting to the slave cylinder? Or is it the tranny? is it the snychro gear thing I once heard about...? Any help would be great. :beer:

What speed are you traveling when downshifting, and from what gear to what? How many miles are on the clutch assembly?

-Steve

Try to "double clutching". Helps get every thing going the same speed and slide together on down shifts.

usually when coming to a light, from 4th to 30rd at about 30 miles an hour and from 3rd to 2nd around 20. I'll try the double clutch thing.

Be sure your adjustments are correct. Don't assume it was right before. Bleed the system till you get no air bubbles. Adjust pedal height to 8.46 inches from floor using stop bolt and locknut under dash. Don't measure from carpet. Next, set freeplay to .02 - .12 inches by turning pushrod and locknut. Then adjust freeplay at slave or release cylinder to .12 - .16 in. in like fashion.
That should do it.
Good luck.
8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom