Clutch problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1965 fj40 running a chev 350 advanced adapters bell housing and Toyota 5 speed tranny audio using fj40 master and slave. Clutch works great when truck is cold but when starts heating up the clutch pedal builds up pressure. Enough pressure that it almost engages the clutch I have replaced every component a couple of times and it still does it any suggestions would be great thanks.

I'll bite. Since it's heat related and brake fluid doesn't expand when heated... Air does. Try bleeding the system and see if that cures it.

I used to have a heat issue with the steel clutch line running down to the slave cylinder. It actually boiled the fluid to the point that the clutch would not work. This was because line ran near the rear dump exhaust on my 350 SBC. My solution at the time was to swap out regular brake fluid in the clutch with silicone brake fluid and insulation wrap. It worked as the silicone fluid had a higher boiling point.

When I switched over to a set of rams horn manifolds years later there was less heat as the pipe was now further away.

Try adjusting some slack into the clutch pedal push rod. If there isnt enough free play the master cylinder will gradually disengage the clutch while driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom