Clutch/pressure plate removal 1974 F.5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have getting my ass kicked tonight trying to get the bell housing off this engine so I can get it mounted on a stand so my son and I can start to work on it. I was going to mount it to the engine stand by the bell housing but it became clear quite quickly that that wouldn’t be safe (sits too high).

I have searched my pistons off and know that to get the bell housing off I have to get the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel off. I cannot get the clutch and pressure plate off to even get to the flywheel bolts.

I took off 6 (3 sets of 2) bolts holding the clutch/pressure plate to the flywheel. When I try to remove the plate, it won’t budge. I have a bad habit of doing things I regret when I get frustrated so I stopped and figured I’d ask my Mud friends. Do I need to get a flat blade screw driver in between the plate and flywheel and pry it off? Are there other bolts than the 6 that I need to remove.

Muchas gracias!!

Here’s a pic of the engine, mainly just because we all love pics.

D8AD5931-A147-490A-8BF2-F3D476ABACDE.jpeg

I got to unload it out of my military surplus M101A2 trailer with my new Kubota tractor. Damn I love this stuff—my wife doesn’t seem to get it—she’s weird like that though (don’t tell her I said that).

D4A4E26E-B344-4CEE-8F07-CF12BB92D47F.jpeg

6 bolts is all that I remember. It's been 20 yrs. Prolly rusted on. I'm thinking It should just pry off.

```
It's just rusted on I'd say. Those six should do it. There are bolts inside the bell housing, behind the flywheel, that you will find, holding the bellhousing to the block.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom