Clutch pedal stopper/bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I never noticed until my previously beat-up 74 got a nice paint job inside and out that my clutch pedal slams the firewall when fully pressed.

Is there an adjustment for this, a limiter screw/bumper I'm missing or is the firewall just "designed" to be the stopper?

If you do a search on the site, or in the FSM, you will find there are a couple adjustments involved with the clutch. One is the clutch pedal height from the floor, this involves the activation rod working the clutch master cylinder and the last is the activation rod from the slave to the clutch fork.

I was in the same boat after a fresh restoration - I found it to be similar, even after adjustment. I ended up putting a rubber strip on the back of the pedal arm; you could also stick a bumper on the firewall.

Based on the OEM paint chipping there, it seemed like the firewall was the stopper. 🙃

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 10.32.29 AM.png

My heal on the floor board is the stopper. If the clutch hasn’t disengaged by then, assuming everything is properly adjusted, no more travel is going help.

i would love to hear that there is a stopper......but im also 99% sure the "stopper", is the firewall.
I got tired of hearing a clank at every shift, so I put a rubber strip on the pedal. I like the rubber stopper on the firewall idea.

I got tired of hearing a clank at every shift, so I put a rubber strip on the pedal. I like the rubber stopper on the firewall idea.
i also got tired of hearing it, so i just stopped using the clutch pedal to shift....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom