Clutch noise/ Brakes touchy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

M

Mrpoopypants

Clutch Noise
Is it normal for a clutch to make a rubbing sound when it out. when i push the peddle in the noise stops. When i take my foot of the clutch peddle the noise starts again. Could it just need an adjustment?

Brakes Very touchy.
My brakes are so touchy that when i bearly push them in an inch they almost lock up. Pads and shoes are new Drums and roters are in good shape no groves.
Could it be my rear brakes are adjusted to tight?

CMore likely be a bad tranny input bearing, but it could be the TO bearing so try adjusting it first. The TO bearing should not be riding on the pressure plate fingers with the clutch out.

Ok Just went on the first test drive after finishing the frame off. When I am at idle, in nutral and no foot on the clutch I here a clattering sound right in the area of the clutch and TO bearing. When I had the Trans out, It seemed as if the Input shaft was fine. No play or loosness at all. Any idea?
Now that I have the engine and trans back in, F$&%*!! I assume the easiest way to pull the clutch is to
drop the trans? Or will it slide back enough to get to the clutch.
I have a 350 so if I need a new clutch and TO bearing, do I buy one for a 350, or for a FJ-40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom