Clutch master went out..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
As the subject says while driving home today I lost the clutch. Apparently you dont have to have it to shift.

What is the best option to fix this. One thing I have is money so that wont be a problem.

Should I rebuild it?
I am just dumb founded.

Thanks
Antoine

One thing I have is money so that wont be a problem.

New, OEM master cylinder and slave cylinder, and don't worry about it for another 20 years.

:beer:

Ill charge you twice what ARCTICMUTT does for half the work.

just kidding.

It is a simple thing to rebuild a clutch master cylinder. get a kit^^^^and go for it. You should also buy a hone at your local auto parts store. It could be the slave....find the leak and you will know. Then rebuild the whole system so you get another 40 years out of it.

I am with Poser

So you are saying I need to do the slave or just do it since I will already working on the system? Or both?

I will order the stuff from Sam at Lowes

Thanks

New, OEM master cylinder and slave cylinder, and don't worry about it for another 20 years.

:beer:

Gotcha!

Antoine

Ditto what poser says. Just did both in mine. They work great now!

As for not needing the clutch - you can turn the truck off, put it in first and start the motor to get it rolling. Then you shift between gears by rev matching. I was amazed at how easy it was to do on these transmissions...

I prefer to rebuild rather than replace, when possible. LandCruiser parts are designed to be rebuild-able. Clutch cylinders are easy, the rebuild kits are cheap and easier to find than the correct cylinders. Nobody dies when you don't rebuild the clutch correctly the first time, it's good practice for when you want to rebuild your brake cylinders.
I've owned this Pig 25 years, rebuilt the clutch cylinders twice.
You rebuild both cylinders at the same time because a strong master will cause a weak slave to fail, likewise a strong slave will cause a weak master to fail. Also, you only have to bleed once.

Ditto what poser says. Just did both in mine. They work great now!

As for not needing the clutch - you can turn the truck off, put it in first and start the motor to get it rolling. Then you shift between gears by rev matching. I was amazed at how easy it was to do on these transmissions...

I was amazed how easily it can be done in a Mazda Miata :hillbilly:

Clutch Master and Slave

I just ordered mine from ORiley. I hope they will be in by Monday.

Master: 072-4757 $110
Slave: CS2205 23.27

I had my master crap out recently. I read this thread and ordered both. The master came first so i installed it and wondered if the slave would blow out like I read.

Once again you folks were correct! I bleed the thing and a few pumps on the clutch and all the fluid shot out the seal in the slave.

Great advice to rebuild or replace both at the same time.

Goebs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom