clutch master cylinder conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I have a 83 toy 4x4 hilux with a 4.3 vortec engine swap and nv 4500 tranny a few years ago that I built centerforce 2 clutch also. The pedal is a little stiff to push in also. The hard line that goes from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder converts from a metal line to a hard plastic line. I keep breaking the fitting off 2 times now where the line goes into the master cylinder. Master cylinder is plastic housing :bang: 7/8 bore but I don't know the stroke. The Toyota master has a 5/8 bore from marlin that i looked at, and a hard line that bolts up to it. I would like to adapt a toyota for my application since its a hard line instead of plastic but I feel that the 5/8 might be too small of a bore for the chevy slave cylinder. Does anyone have any advise? Please help my trucks down and its my daily driver.

This one's a bit closer in size for you: NAPA Online - clutch master cylinder

823477.jpg

Clutch Master Cylinder Bore Size : 3/4"
Clutch Master Cylinder Line Thread Size : M10 x 1
Contents : Master Cylinder Assembly
1986 Toyota Land Cruiser
Engines : 4.2 L 4230 CC L6 2F

Hello I have an 83 toy with a chevy 305 and nv4500 tranny. i am having the same problem as you are. I'm wondering what did you do to solve this problem? did you use the master cylinder from an 86 toyota land cruiser as suggested from corax and if so what did you do about the clutch line going from the chevy slave to the land cruiser master cylinder. could sure use some help. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom