Clutch Engagement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
B3FC764D-945E-495B-9D10-86129A3BFEF4.jpeg
EE8E0FE6-6ADF-4DB7-A534-6101577B5E9E.jpeg
D3E5586C-CEE7-4FDF-8E7D-CDE99E254A53.jpeg
I replaced my 3speed to 4speed. The challenge that I have is that I have to push the clutch to the floor to engage. I adjusted the pedal and slave without much success. I noticed that the clutch release bearing is quite far from the diaphragm. So I put a washer between the clutch plate and the flywheel to bring the clutch plate closer to the bearing. Still not quite there so perhaps add another washer. I cannot imagine this is the correct method. The picture of the clutch plate was before I added the washers. Any guidance would help.

As bryon said, Do not put washers between the pp and flywheel. This will most likely cause the the clutch to slip. The rounded nut on the adjustment rod needs to be on the other side of the clutch fork. Between the slave and fork. Then adjust.

Are you using the 4 speed clutch fork pivot?

As bryon said, Do not put washers between the pp and flywheel. This will most likely cause the the clutch to slip. The rounded nut on the adjustment rod needs to be on the other side of the clutch fork. Between the slave and fork. Then adjust.
Good eye

The rounded nut on the adjustment rod needs to be on the other side of the clutch fork. Between the slave and fork. Then adjust.
That's it. Right there. Easy fix.

Ok, how about the clutch fork pivot ball? Does that make sense?

See, a simple error that most take for granted, that is what mud is for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom