Clutch adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On a stock 2f with 4 speed, how far out does the clutch rod sit "normally"?

I didn't pay much attention taking mine apart, but when I put it back together, it seems like it's adjusted far out; that is with much rod between the slave cylinder and the clutch fork and not much rod past the clutch fork.

It seems to me I remember it was adjusted so there was much rod sticking out past the clutch fork before, but I'm not sure.

It's not the first time I adjusted a clutch, and I'm sure it's right, just seems to have been weird before. Maybe the jam nut wasn't tight and the cylinder was pushed way out over time?

I looked for pictures around, and didn't find much.

It's not relevant how much it sits out. It more important that the adjustment is correct. With the rod installed, there there should be about 1/8" play between take out bearing and it's mating surface. If you can get there you're good.

Once I bled my system, I screwed the clutch rod out until the TO bearing touched then backed it off to give the proper amount of play.

Once I bled my system, I screwed the clutch rod out until the TO bearing touched then backed it off to give the proper amount of play.

Yea, that makes sense, but what "centers" the slave piston? It seems you could bleed it when it's pushed 1", 2" or 3" in the cylinder. It would make the most sense to push it all the way in, bleed it, then adjust it.

I didn't actually get out the FSM since I've done this about 100 times over the years.

Yea, that makes sense, but what "centers" the slave piston? It seems you could bleed it when it's pushed 1", 2" or 3" in the cylinder. It would make the most sense to push it all the way in, bleed it, then adjust it.

I didn't actually get out the FSM since I've done this about 100 times over the years.

Correct. Sorry for the confusion. You can't bleed it unless it has something to press against.

Correct. Sorry for the confusion. You can't bleed it unless it has something to press against.

Or you use a vacuum bleader.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom