Clutch adjustment or new clutch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On My 73 - I have replaced both the master and slave clutch cylinders. I fumbled my way though the adjustment, and got it working as expected but have never really understood the full adjustment process. Fools rush in.

I was doing a 3 point turn yesterday I went to drive up onto the sidewalk as I often do, and I couldnt get the truck up there, the clutch was just spinning. I didnt push it too hard, but started to smell the clutch immediately.

The truck has 130+ on the odometer, I have no clue if the clutch has ever been replaced.

So I can assume the right place to start is with a proper adjustment of the master/slave/pedal height. Where can I find details on the proper process of doing this?

If it is not the adjustment how involved is a clutch replacement?

Thanks everyone.

Have you tried the FAQs?

The truck has 130+ on the odometer, I have no clue if the clutch has ever been replaced.
My '84 FJ60 has ~182,000 and is still on the original clutch - and it's seen a lot of pretty heavy duty 4-wheeling over the past 33 years since I bought it. Additional adjustment of your clutch is in order.

My '84 FJ60 has ~182,000 and is still on the original clutch - and it's seen a lot of pretty heavy duty 4-wheeling over the past 33 years since I bought it. Additional adjustment of your clutch is in order.

I've had a leaking trans input seal take out a brand new clutch in 30days. So I place far less stock in vehicle mileage, and a lot more in maintenance schedules.

Ezra, you didn't mention whether there was any signs of leaks in the area. But it is relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom