1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Adjustment HJ60 2H Deisel

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by digitalis, Feb 22, 2004.

1. digitalis

digitalis

Hi y'all.
    I just fitted a new clutch kit (pressure plate, clutch plate, thrust bearing) to my 1983 HJ60 Landcruiser. Changed the clutch because of slipping - esp. in 2nd gear.

I also retro-fitted a vacuum servo unit to the clutch master cylinder - seems to work a-ok.

However, after adjusting the pedal height (181mm) and pedal freeplay (40mm) and clutch lever to slave cylinder pushrod freeplay (4mm), I now have much difficulty in moving the stick to reverse.

Any suggestions?

2. Pin_Head

Pin_Head

Assuming that the adjustment is correct, you are not getting enough stroke from the slave to fully release the pressure plate. You may have a bubble in the hydraulics or the adjustment is incorrect. Bleed the system first. Make sure that the pedal rod is just contacting the master piston at the top of its travel (if this rod is too long, you won't get enought stroke). Lengthen the slave rod until the TO bearing is about 1-2 mm away from the pressure plate fingers.

3. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    If the flywheel surface was cut, the whole clutch assembly will be further away from the clutch throw out bearing/clutch fork assembly.

I would bet that the acctuation rod between the slave and the fork will need to be adjusted if it can to be made longer, and if it does not have adjustment, then you will need to make a longer rod..not too hard. Have needed to do this on some 40's over the years...

Good luck!

-Steve

4. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    What did you figure out with this?