Club wheeling and tech trip April 8th, 2023 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is north of Richmond? id love to tag along. Id need a radio for coms if someone could loan me one for the duration. Otherwise. 80 series ready to go. Im willing to chip in and assist with what is needed I will prob be solo unless its more the merrier. Sure a couple folks would like to cycle the diff locks. We are starting to form a chapter out here . Stay tuned on that. Love to discuss some insights as well.
Jeff
Yes, just north west of Richmond. You are welcome to tag along. Not sure how exciting it will be but you can turn the lockers on. Extended forecast is calling for rain which may make this a slick time. Lots of red clay. I will be out there this Tuesday to check it out. It is a timber farm so a lot of logging roads and some side skirts! I am not sure coms are needed.

We may end up grilling out for lunch, that is still in the works. I will confirm everything after I do my recon.

Sweet. And I like grilling. I’m free Tuesday if you need a partner for recon mission.

Can everyone figure out how to get there from the map above?

Meet at 8:30. Explore at 9 am.

yes

4 DAYS AWAY! Is everyone still in?

I am not sure about the grilling but there is a large area we can have lunch.

Is anyone planning to trailer a vehicle out there?

This will be a rain or shine event. The rains Thursday may make it a little slick but should be fun.

Last edited:
I got the leaking fuel cut off valve replaced. Charging the batteries and it will be ready to go

B79A5AF4-1029-4B2F-84DD-1FE326290B6D.jpeg

4 DAYS AWAY! Is everyone still in?

I am not sure about the grilling but there is a large area we can have lunch.

Is anyone planning to trailer a vehicle out there?

This will be a rain or shine event. The rains Thursday may make it a little slick but should be fun.
I may trailer mine-if it’s back together. Spun No. 4 main bearing on Saturday at 7 minute mark of break in of rebuild. I put the damn thing in wrong. Other bearings look like new and journal polished up once got bearing remnants off it. New bearings coming later this week.

I am still up in the air on this one. Let me see how the next couple of days work out. ...

I'll confirm with the wife that I'm free and post back. Definitely didn't realize it was Easter weekend but should be ok. Power steering is a mess on the 80 right now but I should be able to muscle it through.

still in guys . Gonna drive my 80 series up and back . Bringing my puppy. She needs out in public introductions.

I plan to stop here to grab some food for breakfast and lunch if anyone wants to follow me from there. I would meet there at 7:30 am

Wise Choice

We have decided to skip the grilling this trip. Everyone is on their own for food and drinks. We plan to wheel for a few hours then have a social lunch around noon.

Please make sure to bring tow straps and have recovery points. With rain it will be slick.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Last edited:
We have decided to skip the grilling this trip. Everyone is on their own for food and drinks. We plan to wheel for a few hours then have a social lunch around noon.

Please make sure to bring to straps and have recovery points. With rain it will be slick.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Maybe I should swap on my mud tires then...

One day away!

I sent a group text message out this am. If you did not get it, PM me your info and I will add you to the list.

I sent a group text message out this am. If you did not get it, PM me your info and I will add you to the list.
Hey Rob, I'm sorry I missed this. I just now got re registered on mud, I haven't been able to log on for a long time. I'll keep on here now that I'm able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom