Club Update May 01, 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, alright. I'm a day late. Sorry.

Here's what's new this week. I attended the TLCA monthly phone conference with all of the leadership and chapter presidents and Rob introduced me and told everybody we're bringing SNLC back. I wish you all could have heard how happy everybody was to hear that. We're in the heart of some of the best 4x4'ing in the whole country and we need a club here. We got lots of "way to go" and "nice to see you back".

I have bylaws from TLCA and the club-in-good-standing form that I will be taking a look at this weekend and next week. I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done just yet, mostly paperwork with the govt and TLCA. Let's plan on a trail run on May 9th and hopefully we can have officer elections in the 3 minutes before we go have fun. Like I said, I promise to keep formalities to a minimum and the focus on the fun. I have contact info for a few of the presidents of some of the larger, more successful clubs. I plan on asking them for tips on how they organize events and get sponsorship and prizes for raffles and contests.

@mike_az and gave me some really good ideas for events and meetings that will be unique to SNLC. Look for updates from us fairly soon. Also the editor of Toyota Trails is interested in a story from us on getting the band back together. @mike_az and I have a good idea for a secret trail run and camping trip we can do to get photos for the story that would set us apart from the other clubs.

Thank you all for your support as we get things going again.

Cheers!

Count me in for the 9th. Did bitter springs yesterday and it was nice. The last time I did bitter springs (15 ish years ago) a search and rescue helicopter landed next to us while we were eating lunch. Turns out there was a missing person in the area. Ten to fifteen minutes after lunch we found her, she had been out there for three days without water!!! Anyway over the years and all the excitement i somehow forgot what a nice trail it is. Dont really need 4wd, but it's a nice scenic route.

Thanks Dave! Looking forward to future events! Do you have any pictured from the cold creek run that you can post here? Love to see the rigs in action!

I know @mike_az took some video and pictures. Here are the ones I took:
EAB1BBCF-936F-42B5-AB02-4652C304BA31.jpeg

F23822D3-EA4C-4E9B-A313-349E91AFE929.jpeg

This is pretty cool. Really curious to see how this shapes up and what I can join in on :D

You have an Icon 2.5" lift...way ahead of me!

Any updates? My neighbor just bought a 70-series Troopy and is itchin' to hit the trails!

See my post in your other thread but I'm looking forward to attending some events as they come together

Hey everyone...I'm the new 70 owner Tachycardic mentioned above! Nice to meet everyone and see a resurgence in the area for a club. I'm very interested in all events and willing to help out any way I can.

Anybody got anything in the works, Its getting boring here not working. Got in from a coyote flats eastern sierra trip last week!

I think it's been pretty informal recently. Bot sure what everyone has going one with the covid thing still hot. Spent the night in Mt. Charleston to escape the heat. Then attempted to find Wheeler Pass, which I did not find well marked! Got to Willow Creek from Cold Creek and found a nice picnic spot by some running water. Got on to Willow Creek Road and kept going--away from Wheeler Pass. Hit some pretty awesome trails though and found my way to Indian Springs. Oh well. Will try again next time!

Was going to drive out to Valley of Fire next week. Nothing formal. Just taking the family for a little picnic, unless someone has other plans...

Actually didn't make it into Indian Springs...just used it and Creech as landmarks to get my bearings. We hit the intersection of Sky and the powerlines and decided to drive under to powerlines that run behind Indian Springs. Caught up with 95 just north of the prison. Nice 60 btw!

Actually didn't make it into Indian Springs...just used it and Creech as landmarks to get my bearings. We hit the intersection of Sky and the powerlines and decided to drive under to powerlines that run behind Indian Springs. Caught up with 95 just north of the prison. Nice 60 btw!
That 60 belonged to @erse, I think he's since sold it.

Alright, alright. I'm a day late. Sorry.

Here's what's new this week. I attended the TLCA monthly phone conference with all of the leadership and chapter presidents and Rob introduced me and told everybody we're bringing SNLC back. I wish you all could have heard how happy everybody was to hear that. We're in the heart of some of the best 4x4'ing in the whole country and we need a club here. We got lots of "way to go" and "nice to see you back".

I have bylaws from TLCA and the club-in-good-standing form that I will be taking a look at this weekend and next week. I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done just yet, mostly paperwork with the govt and TLCA. Let's plan on a trail run on May 9th and hopefully we can have officer elections in the 3 minutes before we go have fun. Like I said, I promise to keep formalities to a minimum and the focus on the fun. I have contact info for a few of the presidents of some of the larger, more successful clubs. I plan on asking them for tips on how they organize events and get sponsorship and prizes for raffles and contests.

@mike_az and gave me some really good ideas for events and meetings that will be unique to SNLC. Look for updates from us fairly soon. Also the editor of Toyota Trails is interested in a story from us on getting the band back together. @mike_az and I have a good idea for a secret trail run and camping trip we can do to get photos for the story that would set us apart from the other clubs.

Thank you all for your support as we get things going again.

Cheers!
Glad to see you're bringing it back. I was a charter member in what. . . '77 I think.
Our signature event back then was the Glitter Gulch Gambol. An invitational run with people and clubs coming from all over the west. We had rough runs, hill climbs, "fun and games" i.e. blindfold races, obstacle courses, backwards races, etc. We served up a group dinner and had a bonfire weather permitting on Saturday night. It was usually a three day event. I think it would be cool if that came back also but I'm predjudiced--I was the chairman of the first GGG committee. :)

I'm in SW Colorado now, along with my cousin who was the second President of the club. I'll keep an eye on this thread and when you're rockin' I might just join for old time sake--probably not gonna be able to make the meetings. ;)

Cheers and good luck,
The Grey Goose back then and still on the CB
That rig was a '74 FJ55.

Last edited:
Another thing we did as a fund raiser back in the day--we ran checkpoints for SNORE and other race promoters. I've been gone for 20 years and inactive for 30 so I don't know if they're even racing open desert anymore. But it was a thing we did.

Some stuff from back in the day:

CCF09042011_00000.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom