Events/Trails Club Trip, Big Bear 7/14-16 Planning Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Friends, the club will host a run this summer in Big Bear, Friday to Sunday, 7/14-16. The club is covering the cost of the camp site. We are going to try a new site, Tanglewood (Tanglewood Group Camp, San Bernardino National Forest - Recreation.gov - https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/231974) Group Camp. Coon Creek was cool but we had a lot of people driving through our camp and the structures, which are fun to explore, are supposed to be off limits. Tanglewood is fairly centrally located, at the end of a road vs. on a road, and looks to have a lot of places we can add more vehicles if the main site fills up. Note that Tanglewood does not have water or trash service.

Coms:
GMRS 22, FRS 22, or HAM 146.490

The Runs (off roading type.... or if your trail gets really hard): Let's target 9AM departure unless you have a gem of a run that needs to start earlier to make the awesome happen. Leaders please make sure to have a driver's meeting and ensure everyone going on your run is ready when you start.

Attendees
- Elripster + 5
- BMinSD
- Bmerritt
- Phulcrum
- Justendit
- Hamilt0n maybe

Saturday Potluck
- Elripster - Bacon steak (smoked pork shoulder)
- BMinSD - Home salsa and chips
- Justendit - A surprise!
- Phulcrum - ????

Runs
- Gold Mountain / John Bull, Run Leader BMinSD (Attendees: Elripster...)
- Medium run, Run Leader Overlandeffex

Frank

Last edited:
I'll lead a run for camping and camping.

Last edited:
i'll lead a run to the buffet table!

That's the spirit!

Oh dear, whatever shall we do.....

1685058645720.png

I'm guessing we cancel..... so funny

Just when I was getting excited!

Friends, let's start getting the details ironed out.

Post up...
- If you can make it, and with how many
- What you might contribute to the Saturday potluck
- If you can lead a run, what trail, general level of difficulty

Frank

Friends, let's start getting the details ironed out.

Post up...
- If you can make it, and with how many
- What you might contribute to the Saturday potluck
- If you can lead a run, what trail, general level of difficulty

Frank
We are in. We will do homemade salsa and chips. I would lead a Gold Mountain/John Bull run if there is anyone interested in hitting the harder trails.

Brian

I met up with you guys 2 years ago and had a blast on a trail run. Still figuring out if i can stay overnight but am good for a trail run. Down for something on the harder side. I'll let the 80 series guys make something look easy and then we try and get the 200 up it.

We are still up for the long cruise that's the easy to medium run

I'm thinking Carne asada or pollo asado , but not sure. .....if only justin could make paea again... le *sigh

Depending on how my regear and break in goes next week Linda and I will join in.

Mmmmmm, like surprise.

Resurrecting this old thing... Newish tires, diamond plate deck, shocks ,wiring cleanup....

20230709_145957.jpg

20230709_150057.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom