Club Tech day at OTRAMM Saturday, 26 January. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still pretty bad and I’m down to 32 on my gauge and 35/34 on my TPMS readout on my headunit. Chalk test seems to be kinda weird and different on all tires but I think it’s close there. I think the conclusion may just be they aren’t a good fit. Tire buyer will give me a refund but not an exchange for different tires so I guess I need to figure something out:meh: . I guess I run contrary to all the positive FJ reviews on them. Disappointing for sure.

@Explorer4Hire Let's go simple for a second. Any chance there's a wheel that isn't properly torqued? Has it driven without the shake at all since you did it?

Didn't you just lift it? Maybe something on that end is working loose?

And......looking forward to having a day to myself tomorrow! See y'all there.

@Explorer4Hire Let's go simple for a second. Any chance there's a wheel that isn't properly torqued? Has it driven without the shake at all since you did it?

Didn't you just lift it? Maybe something on that end is working loose?

And......looking forward to having a day to myself tomorrow! See y'all there.

I don’t think so. rode great before tire switch. No vabration at all. And I took it back for 2 balances so I doubt they put the lugs on wrong twice. I think it is improper balance or bad tires. Who knows? Anywhere else “road force” balance around here?

this may be nit picky but they also replaced my security lugs (upon my request) but replaced them with 13/16 instead of the requested 21mm... I just checked. The wheel weights are both split on back and glued to rim inside...

If you're above 32 PSI, you're over inflated. It's the volume of air not the pressure that's holding you up. Bigger tires have more volume so take less pressure. You're on the right track with the chalk test. You can do the math as well but you need to know the corner weights. I think the TPMS pressure threshold can be changed in the computer.
PV=nRT

I don’t want to smear them. It’s very likely not even their fault. It could really be just the tires. I talked to a buddy on the phone last night in Washington and he said go skinny on the FJ in 255/85 and never look back. I’m headed to shop now and debating weather or not to just order the other tires and have them by next week or give these another shake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom