Events/Trails Club Support to USFS Event DEC 1-2, 8-9 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
The annual Christmas tree cutting event hosted by the Pikes Peak Ranger District (PPRD) will be December 1-2, and December 8-9 in the forest near Woodland Park (Rampart Range Road).

CLC supports the PPRD with 'mobile patrols' to generally observe and report (via radio) to the PPRD Rangers. Sometimes we assist with stuck vehicles, provide navigation directions to people unfamiliar with the forest roads, etc.

Each day is an "all day" type of event, 8am to dark. Of course, if you can only commit to half a day, that is fine too.

Plan to meet at Crystola Alta convenience store (south side of Woodland Park) between 8am - 830am. We'll then drive up to the USFS Work Station (not the school this year) and meet the Rangers to get instructions/coordinate activity.

We need multiple volunteers for each day. Send me and @twbland a private message to tell us when you can volunteer.

Equipment: think of it as a club snow run--4x4, tire chains, strap & other recovery gear, CB and/or HAM radio. Bring snacks and a lunch, plus drinking water, and trash bags for picking up litter.

Bottom Line: this is a great way to help the PPRD and sustain a positive image for the club, so volunteer where you can!

Status as of 1830hrs 7 DEC 18:
Saturday, 1 DEC:
SAS, Sam [USER=37258]@black95 @ICD FJ40 @Goslow

Sunday, 2 DEC:
@twbland Connor @jflocs @Stokes @Olorin @ICD FJ40

Saturday, 8 DEC:
SAS @LC4LIFE @black95 @000doodie000 @Olorin +1

Sunday, 9 DEC:
@EricG @Steveandstuff @Stokes[/USER] @Springs505 @Pops

Last edited:
No sign up sheet this year?

I can't make it. GX is getting re-gear/locker and I am behind schedule.

Reactions: SAS
We'll be up on the 1st to get a tree, and I can be up all day on the 9th.

If you could do Saturday the 8th would be ideal since we have no one there yet!

Works for me, I am planning on the 8th.

I've reached out to other members via text and PM so hopefully we can fill some gaps.

I've reached out to other members via text and PM so hopefully we can fill some gaps.

Just get some stinkin snow up there, then everyone will come out to play:)

Something has come up, and I have to bow out for tomorrow. Sorry guys, life happens. I will most likely be there Sunday.

I plan on being there Sunday Dec 2, I could also do Sunday Dec 9 if needed

What are you guys doing up there? I saw a wrecker heading up around 2:40 near the sledding hill.

Hey I'm going to be out for tomorrow, My wifes car quit on her so she'll have my 80 to get to work while I look at whats up with her car. Still plan on being there next weekend though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom