Club Run to Jerome! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Time to get out and get the junk dirty!

When: Saturday 6/25/2005 9:00 AM, Pull out 9:15, About 2 hours from Phoenix, we will be airing down at the gas station, if you want to get gas, buy food or whatever, get there earlier.

Where: Maverick Gas Station at 89A and Mingus Ave in Cottonwood.

CB Channel: 4

The first trail is easy, (Mingus Mountain #26 in the Wells book) listed for stock SUVs, with good views and will get us into the pines. It ends at Potato Patch Campground where we will eat lunch, the campground has picnic tables and bathrooms.

The second trail (Smiley Rock #25) starts at the campground and goes around the Woodchute Wilderness to Jerome at the Gold King Mine & Ghost Town. It is a little more challenging, but not a problem for a stock Land Cruiser.

The meeting place;
meetmap.jpg

Route into Cottonwood;
townmap.jpg

Post up if your going so we can get some idea of the group size.

still a few miles left if you air down at maverik. however it is a better meeting spot than the closer gas station as it has better amenities and a nice large dirt parking area just accross the street.

you will pass a fry's and safeway en route for shopping.

Doing two trails, the idea was to avoid the second stop and get on to the good stuff, but if is too far then we can stop at the trail head.

As previously stated, I will be attending.
The :princess: may meet us in Jerome and do Smiley with us.

Anyone want to meet at the Carefree Chevron at 6:45-7 ?

Might be cool to have a bunch of Cruisers in a row rolling up I-17 and then into town.

Not exactly sure what time we're heading out but will try to hook up with you guys on the highway. I always run ch 19 on the highway and then switch to 4 for the trail. If you see me or are trying to catch me on the radio that's where I'll be. Also my cell # is 602-763-0529.

Depending on time I may unhook in Cordes and drive the 40 up from there, but the plan for now is to drive into Prescott Valley before unhooking and go over the mountain.

Last edited:
http://www.azxterraclub.com/xcursions/smileyrock092803.htm

Link to smiley rock run that Xterra group did a couple years back. This is the harder of the 2 trail slated for Saturday's excursion. As you can see from the pics in the gallery page it is a stocker friendly trail with a little creative driving. I don't think that anyone planning to go has much to worry about if the Xterra's made it.;)

I will be in Sedona for a few days - heading back to the PHX airport sometime Sat - I would like to join in - I should be in a rented 4 runner - totally stock.

I will post back on thursday or friday if I can swing it

it is a stocker friendly trail with a little creative driving. I don't think that anyone planning to go has much to worry about if the Xterra's made it.

Dan%20over%20boulder.jpg

That was on 31s with a BRUSHGUARD, and no lift ;p
Here's 33s w/ a lift only a month ago on the way to MOAB :cheers:
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

So, DBAX are you bringing that X out Saturday?
Much as I'd like to run Smiley Rock again (it's in the shade :doh: ) I've got a Nissan event the same day. DeSoto's a much more challenging trail too, should be a great day :)

DeSoto MIne Trail Run

Is it going to be easy for me to meet up for the 2nd run? Also, is anyone going to be camping?

Freaka

It looks like the Nissan's just made it through. I think I'll pass on this trip. I don't think my Cruisers can make it through OK.

It looks like the Nissan's just made it through. I think I'll pass on this trip. I don't think my Cruisers can make it through OK.

The mall cruiser just barely made it through that little crack in Utah, so maybe the 80? Nope, too far to drive that lumber wagon? :princess: The Tacoma, nope it squeaks! :eek: Your right, better pass, life's rough! :crybaby:

Tools R Us said:
The mall cruiser just barely made it through that little crack in Utah, so maybe the 80? Nope, too far to drive that lumber wagon? :princess: The Tacoma, nope it squeaks! :eek: Your right, better pass, life's rough! :crybaby:

Like me....yer 2 preductable. :D I new u cuddent bee silent. :D

I wish I could come though. I'd bring the friggin' IFS slug and show you guys how NOT to spill coffe in Martin Canyon. Makes ya jealous, huh? :D

Like me....yer 2 preductable. :D I new u cuddent bee silent. :D

John, as you well know, when trolling it's all about the bait and your's is the BEST! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom