Club Run - Rocky Springs, Lorman, Windsor Ruins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
Spinning off the thread with Lash going to Rocky Springs on the Natchez Trace, I thought I would try to set a date for us all to go on another Local Cruiser Club Ride like Bienville.

The same guy that told me about Bienville also highly recommends this area for a day exploration (see link)

https://forum.ih8mud.com/ms-cottonl...ional-forest-ride-feb-5th-10.html#post6335756

Looking at a trip down the Natchez Trace via Rocky Springs to Lorman Country store. It is a lunch place, but I understand it is worth the drive 100%

Old Country Store - Lorman, MS

Recommend we either get away early and make it a day trip or find someplace down there we can set up camp. Maybe someone's deer camp in Port Gibson? Just a thought....

Anyway, I am going to toss out 2 weekends to vote on to try to get straight with the National Guard guys and let others juggle schedules.

May 7-8 weekend or April 30-May 1 weekend.

Thoughts? Comments? Interest?

Thoughts? Comments? Interest?[/QUOTE]

Thoughts...sounds awesome

Comments.....not only 1, but BOTH weekens I will be at FT Lee VA

Interest....yes very

Another thought.....if yall want to make an overnighter let me know....a guard buddy I work with has a deer camp in port gibson and I may could pass him a case a beer for directions and a gate key:grinpimp:

I know................ I suck.......but I wouldn't give up what I do or my company for nuthin........ill get to wheel with yall one day!!!!

sounds like a great trip.......like I said i may can hook yall up with a tent pitchin site lemme know

Either weekend looks good. Maybe we schedule based on the weather? I wanna drive the 40.

Either weekend is fine.

I know I can't go the weekend of the 30th; however not sure if I will be able to go the next weekend either

I'm out of town on the 30th. The 7th works for me.

OK, 7th is shaping up. I know for me to have something on the schedule helps make sure I go.

Let's do this, weather permitting on the 7th.

Now, the question is....do we make it an overnight?

I have a good friend that has a big farm down there we can crash or we can find a campground.

I leave 1st thing Sunday morning for Davenport, Iowa, so a overnight is out. Sunday is also Mothers Day.

I am on the schedule to work that Saturday but I make the schedule.

The last drive looked fun hope to make this one.

A day trip sounds better to me

I'm in, but I'll need an open seat if it's possible. If it gets to be too late, could I possibly set up my tent or sleep in my car at someone's place before I drive back to Memphis? Thanks!!

Brian

We just need to get out of town at a decent hour so we can stop along the way and still make lunch in Lorman.

Day trip it is.

Brian, my farm is always open for someone to camp. I am 25 miles north of Jackson so closer to Memphis. That said, this may shape up into something that we need to have a bit of a pre-part for on that Friday night.......

Last edited:
Not sure if I will be in town or not. If I am, I would like to go.

I'm in.