Club Run - March 26th, Box & Telegraph Canyons (1 Viewer)

This went out on the email list a few days back, but figured I'd post it here in case there are any folks who aren't on the email list for some reason.

For those interested there will be a club run through Box and Telegraph Canyons in the Florence/Superior area on March 26th. Should be a fun, not too rough run with some great scenery.

We’ll pick up the Box Canyon trail on the Florence side and exit via Telegraph Canyon on the Superior side. I’d guestimate 6 hours on this run.

Bring your own bag lunch and we’ll have lunch on the trail.

I’d probably rate it about 2.5 or so. Any truck with 4WD and some clearance should be fine, possibility of some pinstriping.

**If anyone has run Telegraph in the last few months and has current info on the condition I’d appreciate it. Last time I ran it was pretty easy with a few washed-out, off camber sections coming into Ajax. Not a problem at that time – but if it’s deteriorated significantly I’d like to know.

Meet Time: 9:00AM
Pull Out: 9:15AM
Meet Location: Chevron gas station on AZ79 in Florence
Rating: 2.5
Run Time: 6 hrs (est)

**March 25th Camping – also, for those interested we’ll be camped at Lost Dutchman State Park on Friday night the 25th (weather permitting). They have an astronomy program that evening at 7:30pm, and we’ll have a telescope set up afterwards as well – not a great area for astronomy, but still fun.

“Amateur astronomer Bill Dellinges is back for his 14th year of presenting 45- minute astronomy lectures at Lost Dutchman State Park. Held on Friday nights at 7:30 pm, the informal talks will discuss the nature of stars and planets, a tour of the night's constellations using a green laser, star lore, and interesting facts about the night sky. A small telescope will be available before and after the sessions for a quick look at a planet, star cluster, or nebula that might be lurking about.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom