Club Run and Meeting, Sunday Feb 28th 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Club Wheeling Run and Meeting: February 28th, 2016

Wheeling Details:

Plan to leave Hammond Bay Serious Coffee at 10am. We'll put together some route plans, but one option (suggested by Rob) is to head up behind Mt. Benson, try to get to the top and have lunch up there. All cruisers are welcome. We'll adjust the trip difficulty so all interested people can participate.

Coffee shop directions:

Serious Coffee Nanaimo Island Hwy Hammond Bay Road Cafe Nanaimo Coffee Shop

Meeting Details:

We'll plan to be at the Crow and Gate Pub by 7pm. Those of us who have returned from wheeling will likely show up a bit earlier for food. Anyone who can't make the wheeling is still welcome to the meeting of course. Topics for discussion include executive positions, summer trip plans, etc.

Pub directions:
Find Us | Crow and Gate Pub

Thanks, Nick (GTSSportCoupe)

thumb_crop.php

Crow-Gate-2013-Foundry-Cider.jpg

Thinking about putting together a good nanaimo run in the second half of February. I need a deadline to get a certain project finished.

Let me know what you guys think, could maybe even do an overnighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be plenty of snow, ill bring my skis!

Okay.....more than one person has to show up for a club run:slap:

Wanted to bring this back up. I'm thinking the last weekend this month. Everyone good for Sunday the 28th? Meet around 10am north side of nanaimo.

Wanted to bring this back up. I'm thinking the last weekend this month. Everyone good for Sunday the 28th? Meet around 10am north side of nanaimo.

I'm pretty sure I could do that. Thanks for organizing this Graham! I'll try and get my friend with the 81 to join us also (long as we think an 80 series can fit through the trails!).

I'd be in for this possibly, going on a big road trip the week leading into this so it'll be up in the air

What do you guys think of merging this month's meet and the wheeling run on the same day? Sort of makes sense as this is the month where we'd normally be having our meet up that way? Does Sunday the 28th work for you guys/gals? Also, wondering where we should go for the run. It's possible we will have a an 80 on this trip, so gotta make sure a wider rig will fit. Also, I know some of the newer members with stock rigs have show some interest....

If you guys are up for this, I can make this more of a 'formal' organized thread for the two things.

I'd be up for having a meet and wheel. If not I was gonna suggest a meet this week Duncan area.
I think the Sunday works for everyone that wants to come so far. As for where, I was gonna leave that up to the nanaimo guys.

Sounds good to me, I will be happy to land anywhere there is food and mead! Maybe Ryan can pick the place as he is the farthest south. Personally I love the Crow On Gate for its food and atmosphere really a cool old pub. Just my 2 pennies.

Hey All, please read the first post for updated plans of the wheeling trip and meeting. Let me know asap if I should change anything.

Anyone who can make this trip, please respond in this thread so we can get an idea of how many people we'll have.

Anyone up for bringing a BBQ and throwing a lunch together? Club funds will pay the food expenses.

I'm on call that weekend so I cant go wheeling, as long as the pager stays quiet I could make it to the crow...doubt a meeting will ever be closer to my house...:lol:

Im with Ryan on this one, CROW N GATE for eats and meet!!!!

then convoy from there to the mountains

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom