Club Projector Purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys-

Thinking about our merch store development, the under-construction club website, and TLCA stuff- how can we display this during club meetings? I have a really terrible little projector that is only good for making an image up to about 25" on the wall, and its powered by a dim LED so the brightness just isn't there. I was thinking perhaps the club could invest in purchasing a projector for meetings/events.

Looking online really quick, there are some decent options for a really nice, compact, portable projector in the $300-500 range. There are $100 options too, but I think that would be money wasted, just like the $1000 options for what we are doing. My recommendation would be this one at the $400 price point:

It's compact, it's got an on-board battery for use at outdoor meetings, and will support screen mirroring or use an HDMI input. If we want to get real fancy we can get a cheap tripod screen for around $100 later on.

What are your thoughts about using club funds for such a purchase?

I like it! It was on my list of things to bring up so I vote yes.

Other reasons to have this...

• I reached out to a bunch of unaffiliated TO A members and several got back to me expressing interest. A few may show up tomorrow, but some others are in places more remote and coming to town is an ordeal. Having a large screen or projector would allow those folks to participate via Zoom for our meetings.
  • We can do slides or videos of our club runs.

I like it! It was on my list of things to bring up so I vote yes.

Other reasons to have this...

• I reached out to a bunch of unaffiliated TO A members and several got back to me expressing interest. A few may show up tomorrow, but some others are in places more remote and coming to town is an ordeal. Having a large screen or projector would allow those folks to participate via Zoom for our meetings.
  • We can do slides or videos of our club runs.
not tomorrow dude. NEXT thursday. right?

not tomorrow dude. NEXT thursday. right?

No no... LAST Thursday! Sorry, I am getting murdered at work and I'm not firing on all cylinders... I couldn't even think of a third bullet point for my comment to satisfy my OCD. :eek:

I have an older one we can try till we get the new one. Might not be any better than what you have but we watched TV with it on a twin size white sheet a time or two.

I have an older one we can try till we get the new one. Might not be any better than what you have but we watched TV with it on a twin size white sheet a time or two.
Great! If you're coming to the meeting next week bring it along 😎

My ex used to use a small projector for her classes that she taught for different salons. It was one that she found at the Apple store when she needed one for a class that the salon ended up having theirs break.

The Mirrior brand has been good, lots of different models for price points and actually have done decently in brighter rooms. The one that she has was the older version of the M125 and could project a good, clear image on the 100" projector screen that she had purchased off of Amazon.

Anyways, just one that is small and I have personally had good luck with.

My ex used to use a small projector for her classes that she taught for different salons. It was one that she found at the Apple store when she needed one for a class that the salon ended up having theirs break.

The Mirrior brand has been good, lots of different models for price points and actually have done decently in brighter rooms. The one that she has was the older version of the M125 and could project a good, clear image on the 100" projector screen that she had purchased off of Amazon.

Anyways, just one that is small and I have personally had good luck with.

Thanks Greg! I have used the Miroir Mini and it is good! I was reading that the PIQO is backordered, so even though it is my first choice I think the Miroir Mini is the best option.

I have an HD camera and tripod I can donate to the club for sending room video to people. The camera has a built-in microphone array too. I also have an older XBox Kinect camera and mic array that is still really good too. So I will setup both and test it in a large room.

We don't need a club vote to make the purchase, just officer vote, so I'll hit them up in email and see if we can get one on order ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom