Club Officer Elections Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Earlier this year, we were supposed to elect new club officers. We still have a Treasurer and Secretary because the current folks agreed to stay on, but we have no President or TLCA delegate.

At the last meeting, I agreed for Jim to put my name down as "acting" in both roles for purposes of the paperwork sent to TLCA, but I haven't the time to be a club leader.

So, what we need is for 2-3 people to step up that can provide this club some leadership. And then we need to vote.

Hopefully, this can happen at the next club meeting. Please respond back with your thoughts, nominations, self-nominations, musings, and/or drivel. :flipoff2:

Anyone willing to volunteer?

I too am not a good candidate for a CLCC officer. I am unable to attend CLCC meetings; at least until September (at the soonest).

It would be helpful for the past officers to share a litlle about what the various roles entail and/or what they needed to do while in the role of a CLCC officer.

-- Eugene

Please consider stepping up and helping the club by serving as a member. My new job has severly curtailed my personal time, but I am willing to step-up and serve as a Co-President if necessary to move us forward. Someone just needs to step-up and join me in that role. Co-Presidents would share the duties of running meetings, representing the club at important beer drinking events, member breakfasts, etc.

If we don't get someone to step up for the TLCA Board of Directors Representative (BODREP), the other Co-President would also have to be on the monthly BOD teleconference (9pm last Thursday of every month). I cannot vote twice in the BOD meetings and I have to vote in my official capacity as a TLCA Officer so a second member has to be there to count towards a quorum and to vote as necessary.

Send me a PM if interested in sharing duties.

We don't yet have official By-Laws in place so I believe that the Co-President arrangement would be permissable. Especially if the members voted two such nefarious characters into the office.

Think about it.

Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Anyone willing to step up to the plate and volunteer?

Move the meeting place/time/day and I bet there'd be more participation. :deadhorse:
:meh:

SAM

Sam; Please say more about this. What you would propose is of some interest to me. The reasoning behind your proposal however is OF GREAT INTEREST to me. It should be of interest to everyone that is interested in the survival of CLCC.

Perhaps your alusion to the CLCC being a dead horse is correct. If the CLCC does not get some leaders then the dead horse is a foregone conclusion. It only takes a couple of people with leadership skills and enthusiasm to reinvigorate the CLCC. It has happened before and it could happen again.

So what do you propose and WHY do you think that it is the right thing to do?

-E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom