Club News (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ll have to learn more about it!
A lot of guys are simply using GMRS which is more than adequate. I don’t know how many of our club members are HAM operators but in most cases we try to put the HAM guys in the front, middle and the back of the lineup on the trails.

Some of today’s action (WMA ride #2) 😊
08ABA90C-4A9E-4593-9E2E-99E8CA9B534A.jpeg
58C92BB9-64B1-42F3-824C-D3C7EC7144CE.jpeg

Thanks to those that were able to join us. (Post your photos). 😊
*** Did anyone take photos at the last water obstacle?

Last edited:
Posted by Ethan Smith (@gawaterfowler) on the club’s Facebook page ……..

So guys just throwing this out there. For a future club plan how many people would be in for a wrenching day? We could do a Saturday at my shop in cordele ga and it’d give us all a chance to get together socialize and obviously cook and eat but also opportunities to work on our rigs for some of the guys that maybe don’t have any place to work on em at home. We have 3 two post lifts, 2 four post lifts, 2 frame machines, tire and alignment machine, welders etc. Things that could be done just for example oil changes, diff fluid changes and flushes, bumper installs, lift kits.

Posted by Ethan Smith (@gawaterfowler) on the club’s Facebook page ……..

So guys just throwing this out there. For a future club plan how many people would be in for a wrenching day? We could do a Saturday at my shop in cordele ga and it’d give us all a chance to get together socialize and obviously cook and eat but also opportunities to work on our rigs for some of the guys that maybe don’t have any place to work on em at home. We have 3 two post lifts, 2 four post lifts, 2 frame machines, tire and alignment machine, welders etc. Things that could be done just for example oil changes, diff fluid changes and flushes, bumper installs, lift kits.
Sounds great to me! I’m always down to help wrench.

If anyone has any request and or questions please feel free to pm or post in this thread. No date has been set in stone yet due to the reschedule of the plantation ride, however once that has been determined we will try to tentatively schedule a "Club Wrench Day" and lunch menu. This will be at my business in Cordele ga and open to all members and families, but just please keep in mind this is a shop setting. We have plenty of shade and numerous port-a-cool fans that makes the shop comfortable but still may be warm for some people such as small children. We have grills and a full kitchen to cook so menu possibilities are open to whatever the group decides on and we also have a shower so if anyone needs/ or wants to clean up at end of the day is more than welcome to. We have some community tools and my tool box is here as well but bringing some of your own is highly encouraged but not necessary.

You may have noticed that I’ve started to delete a few threads. (No, I haven’t turned into a cruel dictator)
I’m only deleting those that were posted by non club members for events that have already occurred. 😊

Last edited:
Thanks to the good folks at the TLCA we’re now listed on their Instagram page. 😁
89319F7E-3B04-4562-A9EA-E8074F39EAAA.jpeg

Realizing we have club members that don’t do Facebook, here is a post by Sayer Lane.
—————————————————————————-
992D7381-3716-4E4C-B3B5-058A22487437.jpeg

Hey Folks, at the last meet there were some ideas thrown around about planning things to do as a club. The idea of holding workshops for the club, such as a Gaia GPS workshop, 4wd recovery and operation, and possibly a firearms training class. We’ve also been trying to find some fun offroad rides that are more public lands/State and National Forest rides. These would include and are not limited to; Ocala National Forest, Talladega National Forest, Oceola National Forest, Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. One that I’ve been looking into recently is the Tread Lightly 4wd Way in Ocala National Forest. It is roughly 80 miles of all offroad driving, lots of sand, some mud, hill climbs, and some small off camber obstacles. The part that may not be so appealing is that there are some tight sections that could leave some memorable pinstripes. It also happens to be a Jeep Badge of Honor trail. This would probably be an overnight club event. A great opportunity to get to know some of the club members, test out your camping gear, and enjoy using your Cruiser as intended. I recommend checking it out at Trails Offroad, they have a great write-up of the complete trail, and also an option to transfer the map to your Gaia GPS maps. I will include the link down below. Also check it out on YouTube, there are plenty of great videos of the trail system. This would definitely be a far planned trip if the club is interested. Again, please submit your ideas for events and club activities. We would love to see this club grow and thrive, and we believe that regular events and more member input is the key to that happening. For each and every member there are awesome stories, experiences, knowledge, and most importantly cool and unique Land Cruisers to share and enjoy. Last but not least, all club activities are up for discussion and should be voted on as we want all members included and to be fair to all members near and far from the home base of Red Hills Land Cruiser Club. Our Club has a large footprint and our members are vastly spread out within our region, we want to accommodate all members.

Although this is not a club sponsored event, it may still be of interest to our members. (This is copied and pasted from Facebook)
5A1CA9C2-FB3A-47E8-B4DB-8953D36A3D2F.jpeg
9C058C4A-BAAA-4CD0-BAD2-C69B1288E9E4.jpeg

I may have to come visit. I have been looking at property down south and we bought the 200 in Thomasville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom