Events/Trails Club Meeting - Breakfast at Daily Grind OR Camping at City of Rocks - Sat April 17th 9 am (Safe Practices Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Attendance Poll for Club Meeting

• Yes - will be attending The Daily Grind event

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Yes - will be attending City of Rocks State Park event

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Maybe - not sure yet

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No - will not be attending

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice pics Jeff! was great to see like minded people and rigs, and BIG THANKS to @BionicCruiser for the old 40 parts treasure, I wish you well on the next chapter of your life!

Thanks Jeff! We had a pretty good turnout for such a cold wind.

Thanks for the pictures, Jeff! Twas great to meet new people and hear about their rigs.
Did you find out what caused your starting issue on the 40?

20210418_115811.jpg
20210418_115316.jpg
20210418_111034.jpg
20210417_194645.jpg
20210418_122604.jpg

Did you find out what caused your starting issue on the 40?
The battery was 95% charged when I got home - alternator not an issue. I discovered that the heater blower motor was on low for the two hours that I was at Daily Grind, which likely drained the battery enough to cause the starting issue. It's hard to hear normally when on low, but with the wind it was impossible. And diesels need a strong battery. No troubles starting since then!

The battery was 95% charged when I got home - alternator not an issue. I discovered that the heater blower motor was on low for the two hours that I was at Daily Grind, which likely drained the battery enough to cause the starting issue. It's hard to hear normally when on low, but with the wind it was impossible. And diesels need a strong battery. No troubles starting since then!
Good to hear it was simple Barry. look forward to wheelin our 40's one day soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom