Club meeting at My place? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't care if its a pain in the ass for me. I just want my 40 to run again :)
I won't bitch if Nick wants to help closer to my home.

phishtaco said:
I don't care if its a pain in the ass for me. I just want my 40 to run again :)
I won't bitch if Nick wants to help closer to my home.
It's an equal bitch to drag your project to CBus as it is to my house and Warren has a better setup for this deal than I do. I can bring tools, parts and skills though! :D

Nick

I'm starting to like the way this is shaping up! You guys are awesome.
Nick I guys you and I might have to workout some details and logistics.

Its AWN AWN AWN, I will get to pickin up the other bay in the garage. Will end up having at least one larger bay to work in with airtools and decent lighting. The cherry picker will make life a lot easier.

I can provide the main food stuff, like burgers, brats etc. Buns. Drinks. Toilet. shop.

Lets hear who else from the area is coming.

I'm definately there!!!!!!
Warren let me know what you need me to bring food/drink wise, I gotta provide for you fools helping me out. Or if you wanna get the stuff I will give up some cash for the supplies.

I think were good on the supplies end of it. Theres a store a few miles down the road if we need or run out of something. I have a couple 5ths of hooch from my brother in laws wedding two years ago. Shows you how much booze I drink.

I would like to get a good look at the rear wiring of another 40 with operating brake lights. to get the wires figured out.

Also there is a NAPA in Centerburg, about 4 mins down the road. The guy there. Dale is a pretty good guy. Hes got a machine shop if needed. Usually Saturdays arnt busy. but you pay the napa/country price. (2 times going rate for hard brake lines) but if you need it you need it.

Looks like 6 guys, a cube truck and a spare engine. Who else is in.

I REALLY NEED< a 4 and 1/4 inch hole saw to mount my new rear tail lights, Anyone out there got one.

Sounds good, More air is like more cowbell.

September will be Saginaw PS month!!!!

I'm trying to get a person or 2 and possibly my pops depending on his schedule.

zetasig said:
I REALLY NEED< a 4 and 1/4 inch hole saw to mount my new rear tail lights, Anyone out there got one.
I got one of those from adding new round lights to the back of the cube van. Plus the milwaukee wrist twister to drive it... :D

I'll bring the following list of stuff:

Engine hoist
MillerMatic 35 MIG
Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox - plus consumables, extention cord and safety gear
4 1/2" hole saw/drill
couple tool boxes of the usual handtools
chain for the hoist

Whatever else I see in my shop that might be handy...

Nick

Nick what dont you have:)

I have an extra fridge in the garage for "pop"

Oh yeah, if time permits, I would really love to weld some new exhaust flanges on to actually put a muffler on the truck. Hopefully a 30 min. job.

Last edited:
Why would you need a muffler?

Well Right now its 6 into 1. and thats it. Kind of sounds like a boat under a bit of throttle. I have the whole exahust, muffler pipe etc. It just rusted through at the flange. 15 bucks for flanges and I can re install them.

Hey Marty,

With your motorswap now you can get out on the trails soon? This is going to be fun.

I've got a few axle tools from Marlin I'll bring as well for Warren's build.

I haven't even wheeled my 40 yet....I haven't wheeled since long before I sold my Tacoma last summer. I've got a rear locker ready to go in, sliders, saginaw steering parts comin out my ass, next up chromo longs and front aussie. I need to go camping and wheeling.

phishtaco said:
I haven't even wheeled my 40 yet.....

I bought the first of 3 donor 40s over 4 years ago. the current conglomeration has not left my driveway since.!

What do you need to get done on that thing to get it out of the driveway?

In a nut shell.

Install Windsheild glass into frame, install one hinge and intstall windshield with glass on vehicle. I have all parts, rubbers, etc to do so. Just need to do it.

Need to install seats. I have the 60 40 benches, was going to durabak the inside so I pulled everything out. Seats need another roll of duct tape.

Need to route one more hard brake line to rear axle to see if drum brakes will work, If not scrape them for RDB conversion.

Need to rebuild front axle. Have all the shiat to do that.

need to install rear tail lights, have the shiat to do that too. providing the 4 and 1/4 hole saw shows up. Need to hook up new stop light switch under dash, Got that too.

Need to tune the engine a bit more, I know its at least 2 degrees off timing. I rebuild the carb and it runs. but has flat spots.

Need to hook up exhaust.

Thats All I can think of right now. Just to get it moving really. rear brakes I can do without for a while. provided the fronts work very well. Also need to get it registered, insured and plated. also need to hook up small stuff like the heater blower motor. Front heater. Change all the fluids. Spray bomb it. Put in an extra seat for my liger.

I do have a newer air freshner though. Cant hang it on the rear view since I dont have one of those.

I have most of the stuff and parts. , just no real time. to do it.

Doesnt anyone do things on sunday anymore. When I took my job, I couldnt find a thing to do on saturday, and now thats the only time people do things. BASTARDS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom