Club meeting at My place?

Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,419
Location
Hiding
Well Jim C brought the idea, since I need to clean some stuff up. Find the other posts and find something you want.

Basically I have a 40x 40 pole barn that looks like sanford and sons. I have a problem throwing things away. There is a bunch of Misc stuff I need to clean up or dump within the next month or so. We plan on listing our house in the fall, and I dont want a dirty barn to f up the possible sale.

Also we could meet up and maybe wrench on some rigs. I have a 2.5 car garage, 1 extra open bay, air tools etc. One bay is occupied by my 40 on jack stands awaiting a front knuckle rebuild. will be installing mini truck birfs, grinding the housing for clearance, and installing asian lock outs.

Its not a come over and help me clean day. Just if you want to meet up, wrench on some stuff, if you find something you want, like a portable dishwasher for the little lady, or deer camp, I can help you load it. the front end of the 40 is completely tore down, cleaned and degreased, and painted, so it should go smoothly. all the nasty work is done

I have the last weekend in July open. and then maybe one weekend in August, I just dont know which one yet.

I can BBQ, and provide beverages, woods to pee in etc.

Just an idea, otherwise I need to pull the front axle again, and drive over to Jim Cs.
 

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
1,373
zetasig said:
Well Jim C brought the idea, since I need to clean some stuff up. Find the other posts and find something you want.

Basically I have a 40x 40 pole barn that looks like sanford and sons. I have a problem throwing things away. There is a bunch of Misc stuff I need to clean up or dump within the next month or so. We plan on listing our house in the fall, and I dont want a dirty barn to f up the possible sale.

Also we could meet up and maybe wrench on some rigs. I have a 2.5 car garage, 1 extra open bay, air tools etc. One bay is occupied by my 40 on jack stands awaiting a front knuckle rebuild. will be installing mini truck birfs, grinding the housing for clearance, and installing asian lock outs.

Its not a come over and help me clean day. Just if you want to meet up, wrench on some stuff, if you find something you want, like a portable dishwasher for the little lady, or deer camp, I can help you load it. the front end of the 40 is completely tore down, cleaned and degreased, and painted, so it should go smoothly. all the nasty work is done

I have the last weekend in July open. and then maybe one weekend in August, I just dont know which one yet.

I can BBQ, and provide beverages, woods to pee in etc.

Just an idea, otherwise I need to pull the front axle again, and drive over to Jim Cs.

Sounds like fun! Count me and Vince in for sure. Awesome
 

phishtaco

Cincinnati
 
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
2,417
Location
Cincinnati
Last Weekend in July is the WeRoc comp in Cbus.

I may be able to make it the following weekend....Who wants to put a 2F in my 40 ;) or fix the exhuast leak in my 80.
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,429
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
Sounds like a good idea Warren.

Last weekend of July sucks--running the Labatt's 4 miler in Cleveland ... :grinpimp:

The first three weekends of August are fine with me...

I've got tons of wrenching to do: rebuild front/rear drive shafts, new bushing all underneath, etc....usual crap.

Let us know and thanks for offering...

Best.
-onur
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,419
Location
Hiding
Okay, Lets not plan for the last week of July, I know for a fact I will be out of town showing off the little one one of the weekends in August, and the 19,20th weekend I will be in Detroit. So I will figure it out and get back with everyone.

Also if someone has a portable electric Welder we can plug into the dryer outlet:) The Wife loves that.
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,419
Location
Hiding
Looks like we are a go for the second weekend in August. Thats August 13th. 2005. What time do we want to kick this thing off?

Hopefully I will have my rebuild kit. and all of the other parts. Only thing I think I dont have is a fish scale. Anyone got one out there?

If you can make it PM me so I can send you directions, and get a head count for food.

Thanks Warren. Spy shot of the attack dog.
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,429
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
I've got a spring gauge (fish scale, whatever one wants to call it)...I can bring it with me...

I've got it on my calendar....PM coming soon.

Thanks again Warren.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,419
Location
Hiding
PMed you with directions. So it makes about 4-5 guys as of right now. Anyone else? Mmmm Brats, Mmmm Burgers, Mmmm gear oil.
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,429
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
dude...you can justify it by saying that the grandparents will get to see the kid!!

that way you can spend the full 8 hrs. putting the engine in....

I'll contact the other guys in this area and see if they are interested.

Thanks for the directions Warren.
Best.
-onur
 

phishtaco

Cincinnati
 
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
2,417
Location
Cincinnati
beno said:
dude...you can justify it by saying that the grandparents will get to see the kid!!

that way you can spend the full 8 hrs. putting the engine in....

I'll contact the other guys in this area and see if they are interested.

Thanks for the directions Warren.
Best.
-onur
Well I wasn't really planning on dragging the 40 up there, but if eveyone really, really wants to do a motor swap on it I will ;)
Oh and if it was to get a new engine in my 40 she would let me loose for the whole weekend. That way she doesn't have to hear me complain about it anymore.
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,419
Location
Hiding
Phish, Do you need to unbolt the tranny, trans to swap, or do you have another complete set up. That will take some of the time. Unbolting the transmission.

I have a 2 ton chainfall in the garage, set up on a gantry made of 2x10s. I picked a 2f, 4speed, transfer, and my buddy who is about 160 pounds with no problem. probably 1600 pounds or so.
We have all day Saturday if needed if indeed we want to swap it out. I can open the garage as early as needed. I am pretty sure I have all the stuff / tools to do it. and with a bunch of people wrenching it should go pretty quick.

Since Jim C is out of town does anyone else have any experience rebuilding a front end?? See the cruiser is on jack stands in the bay with the chainfall. We could move the lift but its kind of a pain.
Or if someone has a cherry picker handy they could bring it along.

Warren.
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,429
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
Warren...are you talking about the birf job?

I've done it twice...I hope I can help...I love the smell of Moly!!

-onur
 

phishtaco

Cincinnati
 
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
2,417
Location
Cincinnati
zetasig said:
Phish, Do you need to unbolt the tranny, trans to swap, or do you have another complete set up. That will take some of the time. Unbolting the transmission.

I have a 2 ton chainfall in the garage, set up on a gantry made of 2x10s. I picked a 2f, 4speed, transfer, and my buddy who is about 160 pounds with no problem. probably 1600 pounds or so.
We have all day Saturday if needed if indeed we want to swap it out. I can open the garage as early as needed. I am pretty sure I have all the stuff / tools to do it. and with a bunch of people wrenching it should go pretty quick.

Since Jim C is out of town does anyone else have any experience rebuilding a front end?? See the cruiser is on jack stands in the bay with the chainfall. We could move the lift but its kind of a pain.
Or if someone has a cherry picker handy they could bring it along.

Warren.
We would have to unbolt the tranny/tcase. I am getting a 2F block only from Spaceghost.
Obviously we would ant to get your axle done 1st. So we would need to have more people than me, you and Beno. So lets see who replies to want to come help out. I know its a big task and I'm not a great wrencher but I'm not real dumb either. I bet I could probably get my dad to come over to.
I've never done the axle but I sure would like to watch/help. I'm sure my 40 needs it and I know the 80 does.
Marty
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,429
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
phishtaco said:
We would have to unbolt the tranny/tcase. I am getting a 2F block only from Spaceghost.
Obviously we would ant to get your axle done 1st. So we would need to have more people than me, you and Beno. So lets see who replies to want to come help out. I know its a big task and I'm not a great wrencher but I'm not real dumb either. I bet I could probably get my dad to come over to.
I've never done the axle but I sure would like to watch/help. I'm sure my 40 needs it and I know the 80 does.
Marty

hey Marty/Warren--

I think Warren said we have about 4-5 peeps already.

The birfs aren't really tough at all...just time consuming...I can easily start work on the front axles on the rigs and you guys could start on the 2F transfer...others depending on their experience can work on whatever needs work...I was going to do some work on my rig, but since you guys have so much to do I'd just rather wrench (and break bolts :flipoff2: ) on your rigs....J/K about the breaking bolts part... ;)

Anyway, I think we can easily get a couple of birfs done in one day if we start early. I can be in Columbus by 8am or so....

Best.
-onur
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,419
Location
Hiding
Kid in a candy store, my rebuild kit came in from Kurt!! Got the axle seals. trunion bearings star gaskets. etc.

need only to get the inners mar tacked. and wait for UPS to give up the mini birfs and lockouts. Woo Hoo..

oh yeah, need someone who knows what the f they are doing to stop over and help out.



As for the swap, IF POSSIBLE, Marty, This will be towed up. That being the case, can you pull the radiator, trans tunnel, carb, bib etc off before you get up here. That will save some time, and those parts go back in pretty easy. I have not needed to pull the driver front fender but that may be needed too. (trying to cut down the auxilery work as much as possible. Like hit everything with a shot of PB Blaster. Engine mount bolts under the frame etc. )
 

phishtaco

Cincinnati
 
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
2,417
Location
Cincinnati
I will do what I can, but that was my plan. I still need to get a few things figured out to make this happen ie..go get the motor.
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,419
Location
Hiding
I posted up in your Chit Chat about hauling the motor. Depending on Nick, (who by the way is the one of the coolest guys I have met) we might be able to do the swap a little closer to home.

Thinking more about it, thats a huge pain in the ass for you. Go in indy get motor, drag motor, and truck up to Columbus, drag both back down. etc.
 
Top Bottom