Close to final steps--need help. Pix included (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been moving engine and interior from rust filled 85 60 to a rust free 85 60. Got the engine moved a while ago. Had some friends helping. I labeled everything I moved... finding out some of the friends were too concerned about labels. Now as I'm hooking things back up I have a few questions for you experts! Below are 10 pix of various connectors. If you guys could help me figure out what they are and where they go I sure would appreciate it. Some are grounds and others connectors. I know they have a home... not sure where.

6 is the oil sending unit. There is a tab connector next to the main connector. Can't seem to locate the female end of that connector.

7 is on drivers side. It looks like wires were pulled from the connector

9 is a hose that goes into firewall on passenger side.

Any and all help appreciated!

Nice...I think everyone likes this game. I'll take #1 white connector hooks into harness on Transmission...brownish red to starter. #3 grounds on mine under AC compressor (pic).#4 goes to the sender on the manifold below and right of carb (pic)

IMG_5431.JPG

IMG_5432.JPG

Last edited:
And good lord attach the oil sender to the middle 'round' doohickey to the wire or you'll fry your gauge like I did last week. The female end is in the sheath that the charcoal canister wire is attached to, appears to be in #1 photo. I can add a pix here of mine, now if that helps?

7 are fender side running lights. Mine are disconnected and look as sad as yours.

Here is another. Found ground 11 when getting ready to remove air filter housing. Sitting at the back of valve cover. Appears to coming from passenger side.

Thanks to all the help so far!! Been very useful!!

Thank a much. Please keep them coming. You guys are helping a lot. Also I thought I was doing a good job of cleaning things up as I took them off the rusty 60 and put them on the rust free. Looking at some of your pix makes me realize I got along way to go to get my engine as pretty as yours. One day at a time -- right?

Nice...I think everyone likes this game. I'll take #1 white connector hooks into harness on Transmission...brownish red to starter. #3 grounds on mine under AC compressor (pic).#4 goes to the sender on the manifold below and right of carb (pic)

View attachment 1450807

View attachment 1450808
Okay. The fusible link for the carb cooling fan is there -- melted. Looks like an insulator may be located there as well.

View attachment 1450807

View attachment 1450808
Here is pic of the post I believe you are describing and the carb fan fusible link I removed (toasted) from it.

View attachment 1450807

View attachment 1450808
The nut is smaller than the inner diameter of the connector. Easy enough to switch connector, but the existing connector is the same that came from the engine swap -- has not been changed. This leads me to think it was located elsewhere. How important is it that the ground be connected to the location under manifold? Is there another location where this ground (photo 4) can be connected?

The nut is smaller than the inner diameter of the connector. Easy enough to switch connector, but the existing connector is the same that came from the engine swap -- has not been changed. This leads me to think it was located elsewhere. How important is it that the ground be connected to the location under manifold? Is there another location where this ground (photo 4) can be connected?

I'm pretty confident about #4 going to the temp sender under/right of the carb, it comes out of the harness that goes to the idle cut. That's definitely an aftermarket ring someone put on. Maybe someone else will chime in and maybe I am wrong.

Sand and clean up those grounds before your install. I would add some dielectric grease too.

And good lord attach the oil sender to the middle 'round' doohickey to the wire or you'll fry your gauge like I did last week. The female end is in the sheath that the charcoal canister wire is attached to, appears to be in #1 photo. I can add a pix here of mine, now if that helps?
Photo would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom