Cloned tpms sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody know a good tire shop in the area who can read the tpms sensor from my oem wheel and then install a clone and program the 17" rock warriors I just bought? This way I could swap out wheels?

Anybody know a good tire shop in the area who can read the tpms sensor from my oem wheel and then install a clone and program the 17" rock warriors I just bought? This way I could swap out wheels?

I don't, but as an alternative I've seen guys make a pressurized PVC holder for the TPMS sensors. They wouldn't be reading tire pressure anymore but would keep the dash light from coming on.

I've heard of that but I think some systems need to rotate to work. Idk though.

A picture of stock and replacement

BFG AT KO small perspective.jpg

They should be able to take the ones out of your stockers and put them in your Rockers.

Second thaught no one does that work you should just give your Rockers to me:).

That's going to look nice with those on there

I don't, but as an alternative I've seen guys make a pressurized PVC holder for the TPMS sensors. They wouldn't be reading tire pressure anymore but would keep the dash light from coming on.

I did this on a Tundra I had and it worked well. I used 3 or 4" PVC and mounted one of the sensors in the end cap to pressurize the tube.

I would be careful of this now, it's no bueno if your in an accident due to a flat and they find the sensors weren't installed. I have found a lot of shops if you ask them to do this will refuse. It's like asking an inspection tech to lick it an stick it on something that should have no business being on the road.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Our Lexus has a botton under the steering wheel that switches between two sets of tires. It may tell you how in your owners manual.

Really? I'd like to see that, I know there is a TPMS reset button, but I didn't not realize there is one for switching between sets.

Any shop should be able to swap them over, there is sensors that the shop can get where they read the original sensor and clone it, this way if you do plan to switch back and forth between tires (if you do winter and summer) then you don't have to always get the sensors switched over. Most of your tire specialty shops should be set up for that since TPMS is such common place now.

I would be careful of this now, it's no bueno if your in an accident due to a flat and they find the sensors weren't installed. I have found a lot of shops if you ask them to do this will refuse. It's like asking an inspection tech to lick it an stick it on something that should have no business being on the road.

Ok I'll agree with the lick it and stick it part, but who gets in an accident because of a flat? I'm sure all us "car guys" would be at least glancing at our tires. They're part of our offroading tools. If you don't wheel, its part of the appearance of the truck. Other than that, I don't think someone would be on this forum if they didn't have at least a fleeting interest in either of those things.

I didn't say ask a shop either. I'll bet mostly none of them would do this, unless you bring him a case of beer. I'm sure most, if not all, the people here are DIY or at least have some technical skill and abilities. I know for a fact there's a God of Stairs, a God of HVAC, and a God of Electric (aka God of Mud Puddles).

I just offered up a different solution or viewpoint. I still have 4 tpms sitting in my glovebox. The little light of mine on the dash? I'm gonna let it shine. At least until I get to making a PVC pipe bomb :rofl:

Ok I'll agree with the lick it and stick it part, but who gets in an accident because of a flat? I'm sure all us "car guys" would be at least glancing at our tires. They're part of our offroading tools. If you don't wheel, its part of the appearance of the truck. Other than that, I don't think someone would be on this forum if they didn't have at least a fleeting interest in either of those things.

I didn't say ask a shop either. I'll bet mostly none of them would do this, unless you bring him a case of beer. I'm sure most, if not all, the people here are DIY or at least have some technical skill and abilities. I know for a fact there's a God of Stairs, a God of HVAC, and a God of Electric (aka God of Mud Puddles).

I just offered up a different solution or viewpoint. I still have 4 tpms sitting in my glovebox. The little light of mine on the dash? I'm gonna let it shine. At least until I get to making a PVC pipe bomb :rofl:

As far as the people getting into the accident because of the flat, that is the person who drives down the highway at way over the speed limit with that light on because they just don't care and tire tire sidewall is no compromised and ready to blow. Because of these individuals, I as a tech working at a corporate shop have to abide by the new rules so when that person who ignored it can't come back at me say "well he took my sensors out" and now I am on trial.

Agreed, I check mine before I leave for work or from work to home everyday, I also agree about know your vehicle, however in this case he is asking if a shop could do work for him. I am just passing along the message that most shops these days would not do such.

I agree we all can find some way to break the bead, take out the sensor, throw together a PVC pipe and call it a day. As far as the light, I am so OCD that I can't stand warning lights on my dash lol, I can't stand that I have a light telling me my headlights are on (at least in my Camry). I think the longest I have ever gone was a year with the ABS light on in my 4Runner after I removed the system, I just was too lazy to take out the bulb, which was the easiest part of the whole job -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom