Clock spring / Spiral cable same thing ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is one of those interesting "bundling" quirks.

A complete combination switch assembly, which includes the spiral cable, is less money than the spiral cable. List $325.99, net $244.49.

So for ~20 bucks LESS you get a headlamp switch, a turn signal switch, a wiper switch, a dimmer switch AND a spiral ccable.

And THIS is why he is Cruiser Dan.

:clap:

Last edited:
The same thing happened to me on my M35. I managed to put a pinhole leak in the A/C condenser. I go online and sure enough, the condenser is like $490 from Infiniti. For shoots and giggles, I click on the entire assembly which included the pressure switch, the lines, the A/C drier and the left and right mounts for $270. I call them, up expecting some error on the site...Nope. Cheaper to replace the entire assembly than just the condenser.

In the garage on the "Stickers" shelf.

Nope. Not even close. The Stickers shelf is a cardboard box of 95+ specific bits that is floating somewhere near the surface.

Oh, it's under there. Right below the six ski vests and the old cargo mat.

Just brought this thread back after searching high and low. Is part number 84306-33020 what I’m looking for on a 1995 fzj80 with no power to the cruise and no horn now? This thing is killing me. And this is a dealer job, correct?

The clockspring feeds the horn, cruise and airbag. It would certainly be a suspect. 84306-33020 is the correct part number but in this case you would be better off buying a combination switch assembly, 84310-6A261, as it includes the clockspring and the turn signal switch and the light switch and the dimmer switch and the wiper switch AND it costs less than the clockspring.

Replacing this requires removing the air bag and the steering wheel so you will need to decide if you are comfortable doing that yourself.

The clockspring feeds the horn, cruise and airbag. It would certainly be a suspect. 84306-33020 is the correct part number but in this case you would be better off buying a combination switch assembly, 84310-6A261, as it includes the clockspring and the turn signal switch and the light switch and the dimmer switch and the wiper switch AND it costs less than the clockspring.

Replacing this requires removing the air bag and the steering wheel so you will need to decide if you are comfortable doing that yourself.

Awesome Dan, that's exactly what I was looking for. I will probably have a shop put it in as it's SRS components as stated earlier. Any preferred online vendor to pick this up from now?

My preferred contact retired.....:lol:

So I knocked out the clock spring assembly last night and corrected all of the issues I was having. Dissassmbly was pretty straightforward. If doing the entire assembly vs just the clockspring, it appeared the complete assembly would actually be easier as it was just plug and play vs tearing the bad assembly down and adding the new spring in. Worked through it slowly and took about an hour and a half all in all. I never had an airbag warning light and that is still the case. Cruise came right back but started doing the blinking thing when I tried to set it. Saw another CDAN post where you can adjust the actuator arm. Boom and done! Works like a champ. Thanks for all the help working through this, I truly appreciate all the knowledge you guys have!!!

i have a 92 i don't have airbags, i just go through the windshield . f... it

I can’t say I’ve used my cruse control, but I know my horn isn’t working.

Is there anything else that can make the horn not work?

Curious if there is an easier thing to check before I pull my steering wheel off.

And just to confirm, the part number for the assembly (cheaper option than just clock spring) is compatible on the ‘96 LX450?

I can’t say I’ve used my cruse control, but I know my horn isn’t working.

Is there anything else that can make the horn not work?

Curious if there is an easier thing to check before I pull my steering wheel off.

And just to confirm, the part number for the assembly (cheaper option than just clock spring) is compatible on the ‘96 LX450?

There were some simple things to test the horn as it's a pretty simple circuit if you want to try that. Cruise should be able to see if it powers up when you try and turn it on. Mine worked and then it didn't and then the horn quit working. Airbag light never came on. Repair wasn't to bad, I'm a :banana: at best. Took about 2 hours and there were a couple of things that we took off that didn't seem to need to come off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom