Clock not displaying, any ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just joined the 200 club this last weekend with a used 2016 LC. My old LX450 is still in the driveway but it wasn't terribly practical as a family wagon.

After the wife took it for a spin she asked how to bring up the clock. I did some homework and realized the area where the clock, outside temp, and climate settings was dark. I'm kicking myself for not noticing this before the sale but in defense of my ego, when that area goes dark it looks like nothing would be displayed there anyway. Thankfully, i can still see my climate settings on the MFD when i change them but the fact that something isn't working that should be is driving me nuts.

Since noticing this I've also noticed the volume and tuning knobs are pretty much inop (pushing in the tuning knob creates an audible beep but doesn't seem to do anything). The volume knob works about 20% of the time for unknown reasons. The steering wheel controls seem to work fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem might be? Searching didn't turn up much other than some kinda similar problems in 2016 that were resolved by disconnecting the battery. I tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it unhooked for about 30m then reconnecting it, but no joy there.

My only guess at this point is maybe it's a fuse or maybe the previous owner had something aftermarket hooked up that messed with the system.

Thanks

The volume/tune knobs are not physically built into the main stereo unit, but mounted on a board in front that connects via ribbon cable. I’m guessing that ribbon cable is wonky for some reason. I can’t specifically remember how the upper clock part connects but I do remember quite a few more standard multi-wire connectors from the monitor and maybe the clock unit to the back of the main stereo unit pictured below. either way it sounds like you’ll need to pull the nav screen and surround bezel.

See below pictures for what the volume knob portion of the job looks like at least. Sadly I didn't get pictures of the dash torn apart, but to get as far as I did the nav screen, dashboard speaker, and clock surround all needed to come out, so you'll get a chance to inspect that connection as well.

IMG_7763.JPG

IMG_7760.JPG

IMG_7759.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom