Climate control Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I was curious if one could easily install a 40th anniversary climate control system into a 94 dash. Is it plug and play, and if not, What sensors, computers and other bits go along with it?

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks for the link, I suspected that the earlier trucks were available with it somewhere, due to the blank spot in the center where auto would go. I find that my wife can't find a good temp on the sliding scale, it either gets too cold or too hot and then she has to move the the slider and then repeat over and over again.

I guess I'll go look at the wiring diagrams, the 97 diagram should have some answers as some of the 97s had the Climate control and others did not....

My two cents: I've had a '94 and now have a 40th Anniversary. The Auto function sucks.

I found it MUCH easier to regulate temperature with my old A/C set-up. Even with Auto off on this new unit, the fan will change speeds when I change my temperature, will switch to recirc depending on where I put the temp or which designation I use (defrost, feet, etc.). It's like a freaking rubik's cube sometimes.

I wouldn't go to the trouble. I doubt you'd be satisfied.

My two cents: I've had a '94 and now have a 40th Anniversary. The Auto function sucks.

I found it MUCH easier to regulate temperature with my old A/C set-up. Even with Auto off on this new unit, the fan will change speeds when I change my temperature, will switch to recirc depending on where I put the temp or which designation I use (defrost, feet, etc.). It's like a freaking rubik's cube sometimes.

I wouldn't go to the trouble. I doubt you'd be satisfied.

I agree. I've got both, and I prefer the manual slide switch to the automatic feature. The automatic rarely gives you what you really want on a consistent basis.

Supposedly, the newest lexus has this fixed, with a new system that actually detects your skin temperature and adjusts accordingly. I'm sure that will be a hoot...

I agree. I've got both, and I prefer the manual slide switch to the automatic feature. The automatic rarely gives you what you really want on a consistent basis.

Supposedly, the newest lexus has this fixed, with a new system that actually detects your skin temperature and adjusts accordingly. I'm sure that will be a hoot...

I'll also add that most of the people who like the auto function tell you that you have to leave it on for a while for it to work and for you to get used to it, and that is probably true to a degree. However, when you need defog in the morning and then segue into a/c as it warms up in a very humid place, the thing just gives up the ghost on you.

At one point I had planned to build my own climate control system using my car computer to control the fan speed and temp slider. As a first step to that end I built a temperature sensor module for my computer and got it working. It has temperature sensors for outside, front seat, and back seat. That works well but I haven’t gotten around to figuring out what it would take to control the fan and temp slider. Maybe someday I’ll try and finish it.

Stick with the Manual.

I have the auto on my LX450 and auto on my 2000TLC. I run both in manual mode. The auto climate system has been the only problem we ever had with our 2000. Three trips to two different dealers and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Then it just started working correctly itself.

The auto on my LX450 seems to have a mind of it's own. Changes settings when i don't want it .

x14 on the Climate control sucking - I run my LX in manual all the time cause the Auto will cut out occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom