Climate Control Rebuild Question

Borg54

Borg54

B59B0EDE 948E 4675 9FC1 6ED013344E25
I have been rebuilding my climate control and I am running into an issue with the top row of buttons. On the unit before disassembly only one button on the top row could be selected at a time. After I put everything back together the top row of buttons won’t select. They can be pushed but they do not stay on. I took apart another climate control unit I had and I have the same issue. What am I doing wrong??

If I don’t push the circuit board all the way back in everything works perfectly. The moment the circuit black clicks back into place the buttons stop working.

Last edited:
S

Spdstr280Z

SILVER Star
They physically won't push, or they just won't "select" ? An issue I had after working on mine was that the selector switch on the board was bumped to auto. Seems the same board was used for vehicles with automatic climate control. That prevented me from selecting certain functions, but afraid I don't remember which ones.

Good luck !

Jason

Borg54

Borg54

C08100F3 AD66 45FB A512 0A85E5301E21
B7820420 CA2A 46E7 8468 5AA59145321F
They physically won't push, or they just won't "select" ? An issue I had after working on mine was that the selector switch on the board was bumped to auto. Seems the same board was used for vehicles with automatic climate control. That prevented me from selecting certain functions, but afraid I don't remember which ones.

Good luck !

Jason
Jason,

That’s exactly what happened. Spent hours diagnosing. Turns out the “auto” gets depressed when reassembling. The switch blank needs to be removed so the button behind it can “snap” into the insureds auto switch before the blank it reinstalled 🤦🏼‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom