Climate Control Randomness Annoying (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought my second LC last week, and now that have two 21 models, it's obvious that I'm not dreaming this up.

Randomly, between drives, either separated by a day or just a few minutes, I've noticed the Climate Control is not always at where I originally set it. Doesn't change every stop/start of the engine, just randomly. For example, I like having the air (heat) going up through the defrost vents, and down to feet when it's cold, and it randomly goes to dash face vents, or combination of. Today, I noticed it went from two bars to three on the fan between stops.

The other thing I've noticed, when having the dash face mid vents selected, when I want to cool the cab, even though it's cold outside, but solar gain is heating up the cab, sometimes the A/C comes on after stopping.

Maybe there's soo much technology involved in this system, it's trying to make it a balance based on outside and in cab temperature, and where you have the temperature set to, I don't know?

I thought it was annoying for the first time trying to turn up the fan, and had to go to the touch screen to do it.

Call me old fashioned, but the Tacoma and Tundra have easier to operate climate control systems.

I found this thread, and wondering if the cabin filter or door could be an issue?

We have a snow storm with 60-70 mph winds forecast all day tomorrow, so without a garage, I will have to wait on looking at filters and doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom