Climate control is totally dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Afternoon, Am new to this so please bear with me. I have a 2000 Land Cruiser that I am trying to hold onto as long as I can. Actually kids want me to keep it forever and so do I but she’s starting to show her age. Has about 320k on her and the issue is the climate controls are now dead. Clock comes on and hazards work but everything else is inop. No climate (rotary), no heated mirrors, no rear fan or defrost. Am new to the repair side of things so I took off the bezel to try and fix it myself, ordered a new control panel hoping that would be it but nothing changed. I have read on here the it could be the a.c. Amplifier but I only see one for the rear a.c. In the diagrams. Is it possible this could cause all my issues and if so where is it located. I’ve heard under passenger seat, under rear seat and passenger kick panel. Any info would be appreciated as I am trying to tackle it myself before giving it to my buddy to solve as he helps me too much as it is. Thanks for your time.

95385943-FF53-4349-BD2E-2E8E74B484B6.jpeg

Did you check any fuses associated with the climate control?

I also have this same problem right now. All stop working at once. No lights showing on the ac and air recircle buttons and inop.

I checked all fuses both in engine room and left panel driver side and the were all good. No broken fuses.

@Bc582000, did you solve the issue let me know as I am having the same problem

They all seem fine, switched them out with know good ones. Climate, rear defrost, rear ac. All the regular ones. Now I feel like an idiot. For the heck of it I just took the entire control out of my lx470 and put the control from land cruiser in and it works fine so I just wasted $650 for the new one. Ugh. I assumed they would be different because the Lexus has digital but wiring is same. Now that I know that I am going to test every pin and wire and compare. Thank you for the response as it never dawned on me to swap it until 20 minutes ago. Been driving no heat all winter and getting tired of it.
I also have this same problem right now. All stop working at once. No lights showing on the ac and air recircle buttons and inop.

I checked all fuses both in engine room and left panel driver side and the were all good. No broken fuses.

@Bc582000, did you solve the issue let me know as I am having the same problem
Have stopped for today but will be out there again tomorrow and will let you know

They all seem fine, switched them out with know good ones. Climate, rear defrost, rear ac. All the regular ones. Now I feel like an idiot. For the heck of it I just took the entire control out of my lx470 and put the control from land cruiser in and it works fine so I just wasted $650 for the new one. Ugh. I assumed they would be different because the Lexus has digital but wiring is same. Now that I know that I am going to test every pin and wire and compare. Thank you for the response as it never dawned on me to swap it until 20 minutes ago. Been driving no heat all winter and getting tired of it.

Have stopped for today but will be out there again tomorrow and will let you know
Well didn’t get out to work on it as much as I hoped but did find when put power to blue/red wire it all powers up and functions fine. Tomorrow will look up where that wire goes and trace it back when I a chance. Probably a no/no but right now I wired Power from radio red wire that is switched power to red/blue and all readings are right. I cannot read a wiring diagram to save my life but luckily I have friends who do so hopefully will have some more info soon.

Well didn’t get out to work on it as much as I hoped but did find when put power to blue/red wire it all powers up and functions fine. Tomorrow will look up where that wire goes and trace it back when I a chance. Probably a no/no but right now I wired Power from radio red wire that is switched power to red/blue and all readings are right. I cannot read a wiring diagram to save my life but luckily I have friends who do so hopefully will have some more info soon.

972641E9-9B22-4B3D-832F-85D07144552B.jpeg

Before you disassemble and trace wires, see if you actually get +12V on that pin that goes into the connector. If so, you'll need to then see if you get +12V on the female side of that pin. Eliminate any issue regarding that pin/connector before you go and remove stuff to trace the wire.

Pins/connectors are these rigs are not "Jaguar quality" and fail often, but they will fail on any 20 y/o vehicle eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom