Clicking sound when turning right (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed a couple days ago that when I make a right turn, I can hear a rotational click coming from the left side of the cruiser. Sounds like it is coming from the rear but I'm not totally sure. Any idea what might be causing it?

Bad CV joint.

More poking around is needed, but this sounds like classic bad CV joint.

Simple things to check: brake components(retainer pins backed out), loose lug nuts (not kidding), rocks caught in tread or in brake hardware itself.

Dont forget to check back in if you solve it.

I had the driver's side cv done a few months ago, but the boot didn't seal right so they looked at the axle and apparently it was aftermarket, so they replaced it. After the replacement I heard a rotational noise from it and drove right back, but when the techs rode with me it didn't happen.

Since then I can repeat it reliably, the wheel has to be turned slightly to the left or right, just sounds like something metalic rubbing. Looks like I'll have to take it back in

I canceled the appointment with LTS because the truck wasn't making the sounds anymore. I still hear both sometimes but I think the clicking may have been my header gasket exhaust leak. Will update if anything changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom