Clicking noise at full turn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96 LC that I just picked up. Theres a slight clicking noise that I get from the drivers wheel/axle. It only does it while going slow at full right turn.
Is this my Birf? The clicking increases with speed and goes away after the wheel gets straighter.
Any help on my first LC problem?
Thanks
A

the_owl said:
I have a 96 LC that I just picked up. Theres a slight clicking noise that I get from the drivers wheel/axle. It only does it while going slow at full right turn.
Is this my Birf? The clicking increases with speed and goes away after the wheel gets straighter.
Any help on my first LC problem?
Thanks
A

sure sounds like a BJ is needed there. See any greasy oil leaks off the knuckles?

I have the same problem. How much does a Birf Job cost? I'm at the mercy of using the dealership here. I'm taking it in tomorrow to have it checked out.

TB Cruzer said:
I have the same problem. How much does a Birf Job cost? I'm at the mercy of using the dealership here. I'm taking it in tomorrow to have it checked out.

I would talk to the service manager and make sure that they are intimately familiar with the job. If not, then you might do better to order the parts from C-Dan... and have a reliable automotive shop do the repair.

Its not easy to say how much a "birf repack" would cost... because some people have waited too late and have to replace the "birf". Also, its a good idea to check wheel bearings, trunnion bearings, rotors, and brake pads...to see that they are all in good condition as well.

Do not accept any bids/estimates that does not include replacing the axle seal.

Let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom