Clevite products and ITM products on 69' rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is the engine where the mechanic didn't install the distributor right and siezed it. The garage is paying for the rebuild and this is what they are telling me so I would love some advice from anyone.

Main and rod bearings are worn and they are replacing them with a Clevite product

Cam and lifters are worn and the oil pump are comming from Toyota

Pistons from ITM

Any thoughts on these products and should I have anything else done while they have the engine open. Thanks for the help

Craig

Inspect cam bearings...if the lower end is bad...the cam bearings probably are also...

Should be fine with those products....

Good luck!

-Steve

clevite are top of the line bearing's, they used to go by clevite 77 until some one bought them out but are still a good product!

i dont know about the pistons, i have always used TRW good luck!

frank

Yes, the cam bearings are being replaced.

They are telling me that for less than $50 they can inspect the valves. Sounds like a good idea. Anything else I should have them do?

Craig

Pushrods???

Rockers arms/shafts?

Clevite/NDG is an OE supplier to Toyota. Good stuff.

Cam failure is common on F series engines. Appears to be poor metallurgy from OE supplier. I recommend the US made billet replacement w/ names like Melling, Sealed power, etc.

There is only one factory that makes lifters for these engines.
Buy from the cheapest vendor.

ITM pistons and rings are not OEM, but are at least Asian. I've used them w/ no problems.
imsquizz said:
This is the engine where the mechanic didn't install the distributor right and siezed it. The garage is paying for the rebuild and this is what they are telling me so I would love some advice from anyone.

Main and rod bearings are worn and they are replacing them with a Clevite product

Cam and lifters are worn and the oil pump are comming from Toyota

Pistons from ITM

Any thoughts on these products and should I have anything else done while they have the engine open. Thanks for the help

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom