Events/Trails Cleghorn May 25 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to plan a small day trip at cleghorn in my 100. I know it'll be a little wet from rain on the previous day and this will be my first time at cleghorn. I know some offshoots will be rutted out from the rain this year, so ill be sure to avoid any tough sections.

Just want to get out and have some fun,, any second opinions? and PM me if you are able to join. I would love a tour guide :)

It's a cool run, I took my stock 100 series out there a year or so ago, did one or two offshoots and then just drove the road. When you're done and your back on hwy 138, if you go West of the 15 about 15-20min there's a place called "The mountain top cafe" great place to grab a bite.

Hope your having a blast!!

UPDATE!!
Heading out tomorrow (May 27) and should be there at 9:40 AM.
Look for a Silver hundy with a family ready for a fun and safe day!!!

I met up with @eSkittles (Emmanuel) on the west end of the Cleghorn Trail Monday morning. We aired down and hit the trail within minutes. We managed to do all but 2 of the offshoots (skipped the 2 most difficult). It was a fun day with perfect weather. The trails were wet but not muddy. Traction was great!

First driving break.
IMG_6569.JPG

Not nearly as muddy as I was anticipating. Hardly any mud on the tires. Zero dust!
IMG_6572.JPG

Driver and 4 passengers in his truck! His rear locked Cruiser with 2.5 in lift and 33" BFG's did great!
IMG_6560.JPG

Saw something I've never run across before on the trail. LLAMAS! It turns out that these folks were "conditioning" their pack animals for an upcoming hunting trip.
IMG_6563.JPG

@eSkittles was a first timer at Cleghorn. He spent a lot of time on 3 wheels. It didn't phase him a bit! I don't have photos of any of the tough stuff. He was behind me the whole time. By the time I managed to get through them, jump out, he was there!

We had a ton of fun. I'm ready to go back and lead you guys through as soon as anyone hits me up!

I would rate the sections we did as moderate with some short difficult sections. There were a few short technical sections around or over rocks. One locker (front or rear), Sliders and a minimum of 33" tires to get through. Maybe a well working ATRAC system would work. Stock height may struggle a little but should make it. If you don't want to tackle the FUN stuff, EVERY tough section has an easy route (the semi graded road). At stock height, expect to drag your rear bumper a few times. Even with a lift, I drug mine a couple of times.

This is by far one of the most fun trails I've crossed so far (second time). The trail head is 1:30 north of Escondido. Trail time 3-4 hours. Add 1 to 1.5 hours to do the really tough sections.

Hit me up! I'm already ready to go back!

Mike

I met up with @eSkittles (Emmanuel) on the west end of the Cleghorn Trail Monday morning. We aired down and hit the trail within minutes. We managed to do all but 2 of the offshoots (skipped the 2 most difficult). It was a fun day with perfect weather. The trails were wet but not muddy. Traction was great!

First driving break.
View attachment 1990424

Not nearly as muddy as I was anticipating. Hardly any mud on the tires. Zero dust!
View attachment 1990425

Driver and 4 passengers in his truck! His rear locked Cruiser with 2.5 in lift and 33" BFG's did great!
View attachment 1990426

Saw something I've never run across before on the trail. LLAMAS! It turns out that these folks were "conditioning" their pack animals for an upcoming hunting trip.
View attachment 1990427

@eSkittles was a first timer at Cleghorn. He spent a lot of time on 3 wheels. It didn't phase him a bit! I don't have photos of any of the tough stuff. He was behind me the whole time. By the time I managed to get through them, jump out, he was there!

We had a ton of fun. I'm ready to go back and lead you guys through as soon as anyone hits me up!

I would rate the sections we did as moderate with some short difficult sections. There were a few short technical sections around or over rocks. One locker (front or rear), Sliders and a minimum of 33" tires to get through. Maybe a well working ATRAC system would work. Stock height may struggle a little but should make it. If you don't want to tackle the FUN stuff, EVERY tough section has an easy route (the semi graded road). At stock height, expect to drag your rear bumper a few times. Even with a lift, I drug mine a couple of times.

This is by far one of the most fun trails I've crossed so far (second time). The trail head is 1:30 north of Escondido. Trail time 3-4 hours. Add 1 to 1.5 hours to do the really tough sections.

Hit me up! I'm already ready to go back!

Mike
Thanks so much for meet us out there!! Ill let you know when i’m planning to head down there to wheel with you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom