Clearview Tow Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ordered some tow mirrors out of Australia. Had the heat function added and wired the marker lights as a constant ignition on. Top mirror is still electrically controlled from OEM switch. Wired it all into a factory plug. Sorry, no pics of install.

Fantastic. Didn't know that it existed. How long time does the swap take? Thinking of having to swap back and forth twice a year.
Link to supplier?

Just saw their video. The mirror slides in and out !! - No need to take it off. And it folds back and forward like the original mirrors. No electric folding tho', but electric mirror adjustment like on the OE. I wonder if the tweeters on our cruisers are in the way for the installation?

Just saw their video. The mirror slides in and out !! - No need to take it off. And it folds back and forward like the original mirrors. No electric folding tho', but electric mirror adjustment like on the OE. I wonder if the tweeters on our cruisers are in the way for the installation?
No Tweeters are ok

Those would do the trick, but not really my cup of tea. I could see if I was towing, but I probably won't. The reason i was looking after the 4RNR mirrors was because aesthetically they are similar, just larger.

Thanks, i'll keep and eye out on ebay and maybe play with a set.

Cool mod! I like it!

They are cheap enough, $60 per side shipped for heated / power manual folding. My thought is to swap mirrors only, leave the base. my hope is that the pivots are similar enough to do this.

Plugs are not the same, so a bit more work there too.

Bump for an old thread... Seems like the Clearview are super popular in the offroad scene in Aus/NZ from the videos I have watched. Lots of guys running them, doing pretty complicated stuff and seem to be good (on all types of vehicles too). Definitely on the pricey side (think Amazon has them for like $600) but depending on how much you tow with your truck, could be worth it. Problem we had with the clip on ones for our 4Runner was the tension system in the DS was weak enough that once you hit about 55mph they would tend to fold in. Gusty winds folded them pretty easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom