For Sale Clearing out FJ40 parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dad and I have gathered a number of FJ40 parts, many of which we have no need for. I have some second hand history on some of the parts. Unfortunately, many of these parts were stored outside and some have fared better than others. I will try my best to describe each part or set of parts as best I can and make a reasonable estimation of its value- please let me know if I'm off my a$$ on that!

Also, this list will grow as my dad and I have time to take stock and photos. Please stay tuned!

I'll start with what I've been told about each truck: there are parts here from a 1979, a 1970, and a pre-68. According to one PO, the '79 had about 160,000 miles on the clock when it was rolled. The parts stripped from this truck were stored outside for about 15 years. The '70 had very low mileage- I believe he said less than 100k - parts also stored outside, but possibly for not as long? I don't have much info on the pre-68 truck, I just know it was that year range based on parts collected. Later on we'll probably add a few parts from a '62 as well as a '69 and a 1982 FJ60. There's a couple aftermarket pieces as well.

Aftermarket
Confer style auxiliary gas tank. As you can see, it has some surface rust. However, this tank was cleaned out by a radiator shop some years ago and then stored in a shed. I believe the insides are likely ok, but I can try to investigate further if you're interested. Comes with mounting bracket and filler tube. $150

From 1979 FJ40
Steering wheel- no cracks - $20.
Also have turn signal arm/assy available.

Wiring harness. Has some cuts and some broken connectors. Includes emissions computer. $10

Also have several other harnesses and emissions pieces as well as a wiper pull switch with knob in pretty good shape.

Wiper motor cover and other sheet metal part. $10

Hood hinges, wind shield frame hinges, and vent grill. Also have the hood- no rust but has a couple tweaks from the roll over. Will get some pics up soon.

Also have complete front bib in very good shape- with everything including lights

From 1970 FJ40
5 hub caps (I'm guessing from the '70, maybe from the '79 though?) These have some dents and some rust. $10

I haven't looked up most of this, but I have a TON of linkage parts. At least some of these are for the tcase vacuum shift and I'm sure there's some parts from the '70 and some from the '79.

From pre-'68
This is an early wiper motor- haven't tested it yet and you can see that the shaft is bent. $40 as is

I should be able to ID more parts from the pre-68 group soon as well.

Buyer pays shipping from Reno, NV 89511 on all above parts. There's a lot of clutch, drum brake, 3 speed trans, bell housing etc parts that aren't worth much that I'd be happy to give away for price of shipping (or even better- pickup!) before they go to scrap.

Cheers! :beer:

DIBS

Ill take steering wheel and hood hinges, hub caps, power steering box from 79?

DIBS:
SHOPPING LIST : Ill also take dibs for any of these you have....

Power steering box from 1979
Hood spear from early 40
Small jump seats later 40
Early steering wheel w/horn button
Early Fuel tank
Turn signal switch and arm (column) From Early 40
PTO stuff (winch)
Front disc axle..... if your not tooo far away
steering setup from box to tierod
40 wheels

Where are you located?

Last edited:
DIBS

Ill take steering wheel and hinges

Need:
Power steering box from 1979
Early Fuel tank
Turn signal From Early 40
PTO stuff (winch)

In2cruisers has first dibs on the steering wheel (and early turn signal stuff, if I have it!)

In2cruisers has first dibs on the steering wheel (and early turn signal stuff, if I have it!)
Oops, and hinges! I'll PM ya when I've got more info on turn signal parts too

Ill add more to want list.....as soon as my brain wakes up...lol

list is GROWING>>>>>

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS ???

Last edited:
$10 for all 5 or each on the hub caps? Put me in line for them.

Hi all- we're located in Reno, NV 89511.

In2cruisers - I've got you down for steering wheel, hub caps (since you called it first. davegonz, you're next in line. And yes, $10 for all), and hood hinges. I think I do have an early signal switch with the relay rod, but the signal lever is broke. I have at least most of the '79 column and I think I've got most of an early column, no steering wheel though. Also have at least one complete early steering setup including manual box and center arm, if you're looking for that. I know I have one early jump seat and another jump seat that I'll have to take a closer look at (from memory, I think they're both early though). I'll try to get pics asap for these parts. I don't have: disc brake parts, hood spear, wheels, PTO stuff, or stock fuel tanks.

Wadesters - the harness in the picture is def. from the '79 as it has the emissions computer plugged into it. I have other harness parts from the vehicle too, not pictured. Again, I did see some cut wires in these harnesses, which may have been between firewall passages to remove it? I'll get pictures of the other harness sections tonight or tomorrow.

I actually PM'd you last night about a few items, including the harness....hopefully you saw that, if not , okey dokey.

I just took a look at my inbox here and realized I had some PM's from folks calling dibs on some items from last night. I'm going with first come, first served here.

Last night FJ43 1980 got first in line for the wiper motor cover and sheet metal parts from the '79 as well as the harness.

Hi all- we're located in Reno, NV 89511.

In2cruisers - I've got you down for steering wheel, hub caps (since you called it first. davegonz, you're next in line. And yes, $10 for all), and hood hinges. I think I do have an early signal switch with the relay rod, but the signal lever is broke (ya thats what broken on mine). I have at least most of the '79 column and I think I've got most of an early column, no steering wheel though. Also have at least one complete early steering setup including manual box and center arm (yes Im looking for (early) everything from steering wheel to and including steering arm including column), if you're looking for that. I know I have one early jump seat and another jump seat that I'll have to take a closer look at (from memory, I think they're both early though). I'll try to get pics asap for these parts. I don't have: disc brake parts, hood spear, wheels, PTO stuff, or stock fuel tanks. ( THANK YOU )

Wadesters - the harness in the picture is def. from the '79 as it has the emissions computer plugged into it. I have other harness parts from the vehicle too, not pictured. Again, I did see some cut wires in these harnesses, which may have been between firewall passages to remove it? I'll get pictures of the other harness sections tonight or tomorrow.

And is that a "dont have" power steering box ??

Thx C

Newly added to Need list:
later (plastic) grill emblem (TOYOTA)

C

Parts Added!

From 1979 FJ40
Charcoal canister. $10

Front heater- you'd probably want to have the core flushed. $40

Steering column parts $45

E-brake handle $10

Heater blower- the blower housing is cracked, but the motor may be good. I can check if interested $20

Carb cooler fan. Also untested, will check out if interested $20

? - I'm not actually even sure if this is a 40 part or not, but if it is it would be from the '79. If you know what it is and want it, make offer

Some emissions part? $10

Weatherstripping for below wind shield, apparently fits 65-84 according to SOR. There's a little checking on the rubber in spots, but not bad. $25

Lower dash pad piece. Should clean up pretty nice $20

Passenger turn signal. Cracked on the bottom $5

Rear view mirror. Mirror is cracked $5

Windshield wiper arms pair. $10

Free with Purchase (if you want it!)

Ratty visors- would need recover and lots of help!
I couldn't get the retractable parts to move

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom