Clearing codes with engine running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
Is it ok to do this? My OBD Fusion app warned when I open the diagnostics screen to pull codes that “some of the functions may cause issues with the engine running”. It wants you to do this with only the ignition on.

Google tells me this question gets asked on car forums and it looks like there are both yes and no answers to this.

Is it ok to do this? My OBD Fusion app warned when I open the diagnostics screen to pull codes that “some of the functions may cause issues with the engine running”. It wants you to do this with only the ignition on.

Google tells me this question gets asked on car forums and it looks like there are both yes and no answers to this.
I can only share my experience, but i have a poorly functioning SAIS bypass kit that forces me to clear a code every second cold start when it's over 70 degrees outside. So every other day i do diagnostics and clear a code with OBD Fusion on my LX while i'm driving. I don't run a full diag though, just the “Generic OBDII” one, as the code is tripped in that. I have a GROM vline 2 that i use to clear the code so i can do it straight from the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom