Clear Corner Replacement project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replaced the corner and turn lamps with clear last night. My buddy "Swanny" and I did them both in under an hour and that included some picture taking and discussion along the way. We purchased the DEPO lights from this ebay site. 91-97 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FJ80 CLEAR CORNER+BUMPER LAMP | eBay

Everything went smooth after some minor modifications. The new lights didn't have a hole for the wiring to clip into so we had to add one. Used a 7/32 drill bit and it fit perfect. I know several people here have done this and they always said to remove the one screw up top then just slide them out. However, I think it should be said that for some vehicles (like mine) sliding out could take some force.

Now, pictures for your viewing pleasure.

001_clearlights.jpg

Before (me)
002_clearlights.jpg

Before (swanny)
003_clearlights.jpg

Notice the wiring clip hole is missing on the new light.:doh:
004_clearlights.jpg

Another view
005_clearlights.jpg

After drilling out the new hole.
006_clearlights.jpg

After shot (me)
007_clearlights.jpg

After shot (Swanny)
008_clearlights.jpg

A group poser shot :)

I like that look, it updates the truck.

Now add a functional mod. Depo Headlights+HIR bulbs+Slee's headlight wiring harness.

Those are on the list Grumpy. I am trying to keep my mods to a slow bleed so my wallet doesn't start to hemorrhage. Wish me luck. I am going to need it.

Ha ha ha. Your wallet is going to feel empty as long as you own that Landcruiser. I hope you used the stock wires from your amber lights. The depo ones tend to deteriorate at the conectors. Nice upgrade.

two nice cruisers in front of a nice house with a perfect lawn.

its like a damn postcard!

:flipoff2:

Yeh....I hate it when people do that

regards

Dave

Sorry guys... that is one of the good parts about living in the bluegrass state.

The trade off is the unbearable humidity during the summer.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom