Clear coat peeling on White Blizzard Pearl 2016 LC- not covered by recall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got some clear coat spots on the hood that are starting to look bad. They're in random spots on the hood- and they're not rock impacts from the highway.
I'm aware of the white blizzard pearl recall on non-LCs.
When I contacted the dealership they sent me to Toyota North America.
TMNA have shot me down- said that LCs aren't covered by the paint recall (yet). They're telling me to pay for the paint to be repaired now and they *might* reimburse me later if LCs are eventually included in the paint recall.

Anyone else having challenges with the clear coat on their white LCs?

While I have no experience yet with Toyota NA, I would suggest you write to Toyota factory or Japan or Global on this issue, which ever email or contact you can find. For German cars with their NA branch more interested in numbers and money instead of reputation this tends to work very well. Good luck and keep us posted what works in the end.

Regarding the blizzard pearl recall, did you try to figure out whether some or all other Toyota’s or Lexus’ made in the same factory are affected? That would be useful to figure out however does not take away the apparent unacceptable situation on your 16 LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom