Cleaning suggestion for parking brake switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took apart my switch to clean it as part of an effort to get my electrical system 100%. This worked pretty well.

I pulled the switch, took it apart, used a dremel and wire brush to clean the contacts, used a soldering iron to make sure the connections were still fresh.

The novel part was locking the plunger in a drill, then using the drill to spin the plunger while i used contact cleaner and pliers to push steel wool in the cavity to clean the conductive ring in the plunger.

7246A2F6-99B4-4E54-B28B-00DC3E1E9F8E.jpeg

A68B8CEC-6CF2-47C6-AF5B-116493F5E240.jpeg

2B46F61B-6F59-4C15-B2AD-7ED78FE85100.jpeg

I took apart my switch to clean it as part of an effort to get my electrical system 100%. This worked pretty well.

I pulled the switch, took it apart, used a dremel and wire brush to clean the contacts, used a soldering iron to make sure the connections were still fresh.

The novel part was locking the plunger in a drill, then using the drill to spin the plunger while i used contact cleaner and pliers to push steel wool in the cavity to clean the conductive ring in the plunger.

View attachment 2809152

View attachment 2809153

View attachment 2809154

Maybe there is a better idea ?

these are NOT really meant to be serviced

i carry NOs one NEW , OEM toyota genuine parts

LINK HERE :

1633938307677.png

1633938324056.png

DSCN8498_2048x.jpg

View attachment 2809152

View attachment 2809153

View attachment 2809154

Nice work on the refurb! I wonder if you put the housing in some Evaporust or Rustoleum's Rust Dissolver to help clean it without damaging it? That stuff sure cleans up small pieces nicely.

Almost every tech post is becoming a plug for vendors on here now. I love the vendors that have these products but it's becoming a little much sometimes.

Indeed - good to see simple repairs on simple parts...part of the nice thing on the 40s is being able to repair almost everything vs having to replace it.

Mine is a bit flaky at times, so I should do what @ATLTJ did sometime here.
I, for one, love our vendors and don't mind seeing when they have parts that they are offering. Many times, even if the OP doesn't need or want, someone else seeing the thread will realize that a particular part is still available. But, more than anything, I really appreciate the extremely helpful technological advice and support that our vendors offer. It has saved my bacon on several occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom