Cleaning out the frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever heard of Sewer Jetter Nozzles? I just read about them on the 60 series where a guy used one
to clean his frame out. I got to say I’d never heard of them before. So I looked them up. I’ve got one on
my cart on Amazon right now. It’s about $24
Amazon product ASIN B07JZMVL3H
25A96548-4462-4AE7-B041-934705C6616C.jpeg

What is required is a gas powered pressure washer, and a proper sewer hose. The gas washer produces
the necessary pressure to hit the 3-4000 psi for the nozzle to really clean well. The hose should be
proper sewer hose as apparently it is designed for minimal drag and has inherent rigidity so you can ‘push’ the hose through. I suppose it might be better for us to push the hose through and then
drag it back as well, using the reverse flow of the nozzle to clear it out as it returns.
I also think a minimum or 4 gph is required, or thereabouts.
My frame gets silt and crap every year, I had it clean enough last time, but not enough to spray rustproofing
which would just solidify / gum up the mud I’m thinking.

Anyone ever heard of Sewer Jetter Nozzles? I just read about them on the 60 series where a guy used one
to clean his frame out. I got to say I’d never heard of them before. So I looked them up. I’ve got one on
my cart on Amazon right now. It’s about $24
Amazon product ASIN B07JZMVL3H
View attachment 2534791

What is required is a gas powered pressure washer, and a proper sewer hose. The gas washer produces
the necessary pressure to hit the 3-4000 psi for the nozzle to really clean well. The hose should be
proper sewer hose as apparently it is designed for minimal drag and has inherent rigidity so you can ‘push’ the hose through. I suppose it might be better for us to push the hose through and then
drag it back as well, using the reverse flow of the nozzle to clear it out as it returns.
I also think a minimum or 4 gph is required, or thereabouts.
My frame gets silt and crap every year, I had it clean enough last time, but not enough to spray rustproofing
which would just solidify / gum up the mud I’m thinking.

I have one of those nozzles, an 11hp honda commercial pressure washer, with all the appropriate hose and wand parts etc. You can borrow anytime.

So now we can go out and get all salty. I just have to drive all the way back to your place.
I guess I’m buying pizza again!! I’d love that! Thanks. So instead of cleaner I presume that thing
has enough pressure to spray undercoating too? Have to tarp and sandbag your driveway for runoff.

Have a 4200 psi honda pressure washer also. Gets used twice a year. We used it a lot at Radd Cruisers in Duncan to clean engines trans transfercase and frames back in the day.

Have a 4200 psi honda pressure washer also. Gets used twice a year. We used it a lot at Radd Cruisers in Duncan to clean engines trans transfercase and frames back in the day.
Don’t suppose you have one of these sewer jetter nozzles? I’d think C Tire would have one in stock? I’ll
look. I could borrow yours, thank you. If I use it at your place it’s nice and steep too. Just would be
frame silt and sand coming out.

Don’t suppose you have one of these sewer jetter nozzles? I’d think C Tire would have one in stock? I’ll
look. I could borrow yours, thank you. If I use it at your place it’s nice and steep too. Just would be
frame silt and sand coming out.

Bought mine at KMS. Not sure if you have one in Nanaimo? You need to buy hose to put it on too if you want to push it through the frame.

Thanks, couldn’t find one. No KMS. I’ll look there. That KMS is expensive, but only list 100’ hose.
I‘ll look for 50’ and a nozzle. Probably cheaper to drive to Victoria.

Last edited:
Definitely worth keeping it clean. Frame swaps aren’t too bad on a 40, but still a ton of work. I can’t see them being easier on a newer Landcruiser.

The POs didn’t and that was the death of my first frame. Second frame was sand blasted and coated with a gallon of black Tremclad... 24 years, snd a few touch ups later, and it’s still going strong. I don’t know if POR15 was a thing back then, but I don’t think I heard of it for at least 20 more years.

Thanks, couldn’t find one. No KMS. I’ll look there. That KMS is expensive, but only list 100’ hose.
I‘ll look for 50’ and a nozzle. Probably cheaper to drive to Victoria.

I bought the setup for cleaning my perimeter drains. With all the fittings etc., it definitely added up in cost.

I’ll swing by in a few days and check it out. See what kind of hose you have. Maybe I’ll just
get a nozzle myself.
EDIT: Do you have a 1/4” or 3/8” hose or fittings

Last edited:
I’ll swing by in a few days and check it out. See what kind of hose you have. Maybe I’ll just
get a nozzle myself.

I forget Jon. I think I ended up buying heavier hose than I should have. Apparently for perimeter drains you need 1/4 hose so the jet pulls the hose forward using force of the water alone. I had heavier hose, and just shoved it by hand - was hard to get around corners. Would be perfect for a frame though I'd think. Basically my setup is a really heavy 75'? hose from the pressure washer to a large commercial wand. Then I setup a second 50' lighter hose to connect to the end of the wand. This lighter one is what I used in the drains. This way I could still use the wand to control the water flow.

My pressure washer is 11hp, 3500psi max, maybe 4-5g/min? I don't know. What I do know is it's strong enough to easily erode and ruin concrete, or cut wood in half, lol. Don't spray your body by mistake! Has the oil lubricated inline style rebuildable pump, not the crappy rotary style (hmmm....reminds me of Toyota diesel injection pumps, haha).

get a nozzle myself.
Super busy doing nothing, lets try couple days into the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom