Cleaning intake - wow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
So I've got new ICV and cold start injector gaskets on the way so I can remove those and completely clean the intake, but I got what I could get through the TB and PCV inlet with some Berryman's B12 and it got a LOT of crap cleaned out. Fired the truck up and it stumbled and belched out a bit of smoke (though not much) and smoothed out beautifully.

Very interested in seeing how my combustion chambers look once I can get my hands on a boroscope, and how it runs when I get it all cleaned out as best I can.

So I've got new ICV and cold start injector gaskets on the way so I can remove those and completely clean the intake, but I got what I could get through the TB and PCV inlet with some Berryman's B12 and it got a LOT of crap cleaned out. Fired the truck up and it stumbled and belched out a bit of smoke (though not much) and smoothed out beautifully.

Very interested in seeing how my combustion chambers look once I can get my hands on a boroscope, and how it runs when I get it all cleaned out as best I can.

It's very similar to the feeling of when you first get out of the shower..... feel super clean and 10 pounds lighter!

Wohoooo!:beer:

Spook the Seafoam is great stuff....just run it through the PVC

That's the next step, once I do up some sort or PCV catch can/filter.

Then a can in the oil to clean out any varnish or sludge that might still be tenaciously hanging on (doubt it since I've been running synthetic for the past 7 years), replace the plugs if that fouls them up, and I should be set.

Yea the plugs are a must after Seafoam
That's the next step, once I do up some sort or PCV catch can/filter.

Then a can in the oil to clean out any varnish or sludge that might still be tenaciously hanging on (doubt it since I've been running synthetic for the past 7 years), replace the plugs if that fouls them up, and I should be set.

What sort of filter/plug do you use for this?

I've just recently started using NGK Iridium IX plugs, gapped (CAREFULLY!) to 0.035"

For the filter I'll either do up a Craftsman air/oil separator or see if I can get my hands on one pf those Condensator thingies.

Are you using the filter temporarily as your doing the cleaning or is it a permanent item you're adding.

Are you using the filter temporarily as your doing the cleaning or is it a permanent item you're adding.

It'll be a permanent addition. Once everything is cleaned out as best I can get it, the PCV filter/catch can catches all the sludge and gunk that would otherwise build up in your intake (and on your intake valves). Basically it just helps keep your engine running well over the long term by preventing carbon & sludge buildup.

I'll be interested to see how much crap comes through the PCV system. Might have to get a catch can myself if there is lots.

I'll be interested to see how much crap comes through the PCV system. Might have to get a catch can myself if there is lots.

Overhanger is using a modded Craftsman air/oil separator and it's caught alot of crap.

Overhanger is using a modded Craftsman air/oil separator and it's caught alot of crap.

Good to know, sounds like a definite add on for the upcoming build.

Filter setup

Hey Spook, just seeing if you did the filter setup and how it came out. What parts did you use? Any pics?

Hey Spook, just seeing if you did the filter setup and how it came out. What parts did you use? Any pics?

Nah nothing yet. I'm trying to get all the necessary maintenance done before I start adding stuff. When I do I'm just going to order a Condensator since it comes all ready to go. Got a spot on the firewall that's a good location for it too.

Hmm, that's seems like a nice system but a little pricey for me right now.

Does anyone have a homemade system?
What kind of separator should I use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom